5* DL Lebbeus Overton Announcing in April

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Any chance for us?
We're definitely a hat on the table...
Edit: Or not...didn't make his top 5 and he spent last weekend @aTm where his dad worked for a decade...then reclassified...I think Jimbo just got another one...unfreaking real.
Got to get in on the NIL before changes are made next year...

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Edit: Or not...didn't make his top 5 and he spent last weekend @aTm where his dad worked for a decade...then reclassified...I think Jimbo just got another one...unfreaking real.
So? I don't care how great their class is, if I was a betting man, (and I am not) I would bet on Bama's class ending up being the better class in three years. All the while A&M fans are wondering why their generational class accomplished nothing of significance.

Reactions: Bamaatthebeach

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
So? I don't care how great their class is, if I was a betting man, (and I am not) I would bet on Bama's class ending up being the better class in three years. All the while A&M fans are wondering why their generational class accomplished nothing of significance.
I would rather he be in Crimson...that's all.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I hope you're right! There's a great article about No. 1 recruiting classes and their expectations in a four year window. Only two teams that had a top class from '06 thru the current time frame DID NOT play for a national championship within four years. *(USCw and UF) They are in our division in our conference...So....there is some interest there...for me anyway.
*Both of those teams were in the BCS era and would most likely have made a four team playoff giving them a shot as well.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Well, Jimbo did let the cat out of the bag with NIL in December

Reactions: The Ols

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Very surprised. They lived in Bessemer and his dad worked for the Bama athletic dept before moving to Georgia last year to be Kennesaw St AD and his mother is an academic coordinator at Bama . I thought for sure we would be a finalist. I guess he is wanting to carve his own path and I'm sure the NIL $ was too good to pass up.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
NIL and the transfer portal has changed the timing of when a player becomes super important to your program. Use to kids that committed to you as freshman were huge because you knew they would develop under you and make an immediate impact but now it’s who you can get going into their junior and senior years once their proven commodity’s.

We may miss on a few that are enamored with the NIL opportunities straight out of high school but come their junior years if they care at all about winning they will transfer to winning programs or for a chance to play for a title. Just look at the NBA with the Big 3 idea. Sacrifice a little money to win a ring.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I'm predicting a huge transfer out of A&M with this class next year. They have 7 DL/Edge guys not including this kid. They also have 7 DBs and 3 TEs. just with those numbers, not including any decent players on campus, many of the 2022's are going to find themselves without a path to the field and not all will be willing to sit.

to be fair, though, we have the same issue in this class with WRs and TEs.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
So wondering, if a kid gets a sweet NIL deal, can he walk on and free up a scholarship for that particular ?

If so, this whole NIL thing is going to get ugly real fast for the have-nots.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
So wondering, if a kid gets a sweet NIL deal, can he walk on and free up a scholarship for that particular ?

If so, this whole NIL thing is going to get ugly real fast for the have-nots.
I don't believe so. If you are offered a scholly and your dad says i'll pay for it, your dad may stroke a check but it still counts as one of the 85. This is to prevent funny business when it comes to walk-ons.

Reactions: dtgreg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.