5* DL Lebbeus Overton Announcing in April

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Quinn Ewers opened the Pandora Box for everyone with what he did regarding NIL at Ohio St.
Fast forward a year later, he will be Texas QB in 22'.
look for more chaos in the near future.
I know we had a great class, but I keep getting the feeling that as of now we`re at a DISTINCT disadvantage. I think Fisher`s tirade was absolutely ludicrous. Afterwards I bet he was saying to the A&M powers-that-be, " Think anybody bought it ?"

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't believe so. If you are offered a scholly and your dad says i'll pay for it, your dad may stroke a check but it still counts as one of the 85. This is to prevent funny business when it comes to walk-ons.

True, but what about guys that enter the Portal and say I'll pay my own way (assuming they line up a great NIL deal)... :unsure:

Since the school doesn't directly handle NIL deals, this could be a possibility. :rolleyes:

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
True, but what about guys that enter the Portal and say I'll pay my own way (assuming they line up a great NIL deal)... :unsure:

Since the school doesn't directly handle NIL deals, this could be a possibility. :rolleyes:
not sure but a good guess would be that when you transfer, the scholly obligation travels with you. but you raise some good questions, i wonder if the NCAA has considered all this. i'm betting no on that.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I am talking about his actual intelligence. He is looking for degrees in business and engineering, has a 4.0 GPA and has been taking AP classes. You have to be bright and dedicated to manage that while playing a sport at a high level.
a few things kid is clearly good at school as he should be with both his parents working in academics in some fashion. Himself and his parents are making a mistake with graduating a year early. IDC he's not going to bama. Physicality in football is drastically different than basketball (which they do this routinely like Primo for us) The rumor is they are doing it for NIL money (hence why bama isn't on that list ) and if that is the case look at Ewers and Jt Daniels for examples of what happens when you should've been playing in HS. same goes for the Sonny kid that signed with Ohio State. I think its a really dumb move. Saban said it best you can take that money now or chose to work hard and get the real money later.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
a few things kid is clearly good at school as he should be with both his parents working in academics in some fashion. Himself and his parents are making a mistake with graduating a year early. IDC he's not going to bama. Physicality in football is drastically different than basketball (which they do this routinely like Primo for us) The rumor is they are doing it for NIL money (hence why bama isn't on that list ) and if that is the case look at Ewers and Jt Daniels for examples of what happens when you should've been playing in HS. same goes for the Sonny kid that signed with Ohio State. I think its a really dumb move. Saban said it best you can take that money now or chose to work hard and get the real money later.
I am not saying that he is making a smart move here. I have no idea at this point. Really intelligent people make mistakes.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Definitely, feel skipping a senior year in high school is a bad call for anyone in football where most players really need that year to gain experience and physically mature so they can stand up to D1 play. especially if they expect to start or play year one at a major team. Other than the NIL money it backfired on ewers and if he doesn't develop enough to become and stay at qb1, than it cost him millions.

Reactions: Con

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It`s going to be more than a little interesting when ( not if ) , for whatever reason, some high profile kid that`s getting the big checks doesn`t see the field. Violates team rules, gets hurt, or, God forbid, gets passed up on the depth chart . Here`s some coach whose job depends on winning getting caught between a financial rock and a hard place. Do all these contracts have provisions for all these potential eventualities?? I don`t have the necessary imagination to think of all the potential unintended consequences that could attend what is right now an unregulated freak show.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
We will soon see "performance" clauses in these deals (if not already) and they will justify it by saying that the players performance affects their "name brand" value. We shall see... :cool:

Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We will soon see "performance" clauses in these deals (if not already) and they will justify it by saying that the players performance affects their "name brand" value. We shall see... :cool:
Nope. Can't even require that the player play a sport. The player would be immediately ineligible if he signed such a deal.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Oklahoma fans that I know seem to be confident they will get him in the end. They think BV and Todd Bates are going to transform the 2022 OU D into the 2017 Clemson D.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Over on Texags , they think it was all hard work, everything above board. This is what happens when we invite the old SWC into our house.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.