2022 Recruiting: 5* QB Ty Simpson

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That’s why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight,” Smith said on the video wiretap, according to Matt Norlander of CBS Sports.

I read that way back then (2 years or so ago). Hardly a smoking gun, and nothing more came from it in the testimony.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I read that way back then (2 years or so ago). Hardly a smoking gun, and nothing more came from it in the testimony.
He was still referencing using resources in making payments to a basketball player.

nothing ever came from North Carolina’s academic nonsense either.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Young is a stud, he will play this year and next and be gone. Will be interesting to see if Simpson as a Sophomore beats out the junior in Milroe.

Reactions: Saban4Ever

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
There are never any guarantees in recruiting. But the fact that he’s recruiting for us is a huge indicator that he’ll stick.
Why not? Come in, back up BY in BY’s third year, and be in line to battle for the starting job his second year on campus. It’s a solid timeline. Back up, two year starter, turn pro after junior year. The Process running smoothly.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I believe he sticks as well, I am going to try and see him play this year as he's high school comes and plays a local team in Jackson this year

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Very few articles I've ever read has given me goose bumps while reading it, but, I literally got goose bumps reading this article..

Especially the respect Ty has for Coach Saban & our coaching staff..Just an awesome Family & a well written article..

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Very few articles I've ever read has given me goose bumps while reading it, but, I literally got goose bumps reading this article..

Especially the respect Ty has for Coach Saban & our coaching staff..Just an awesome Family & a well written article..

Having read that, I’d be really surprised if Simpson doesn’t stick. Not only is he recruiting for us now, his parents come across as first-rate. Dad talking more about culture than anything else (he is, after all, a coach himself), and mom talking about academics.

I get the feeling his dad sat him down and said, “Son, you can go wherever you want, but if you give your word, you’re going to keep it.”

While the article doesn’t address it, I’d also guess that the young man has told other coaches, “Thanks, but no thanks. Please spend your time recruiting someone else.”

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
All I can say is our QB recruiting has gone thru the roof in the last few years.

I think it took a little longer at the QB position for us to become a destination school for the most talented, but the proof is in the pudding now. CNS gets QBs in the league and they get to play for the best college program in the country and almost have a guarantee to play for multiple NCs as they pave their way to the NFL draft.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.