2020 Prospect: 5* RB & #1 Player Zachary Evans

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
its sad the kid wanted to be at bama and has all world talent but is so darn immature that almost everyone is passing on him. he would do better to go a prep or USA academy route
The irony is that if you asked him, he would likely tell you he’s the most mature guy you could find.

I hope he finds some peace and direction.

Reactions: The Ols

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
its sad the kid wanted to be at bama and has all world talent but is so darn immature that almost everyone is passing on him. he would do better to go a prep or USA academy route
Yeah, it's gotten to the point that so many programs have passed on him, when somebody finally does take a chance, they'll be out all alone on the end of a very public limb.

A lot of potential for, "Every school in the country turned him down, we took him, and now look what's happened. What in the world were you thinking?!?!?"

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Wonder if Alfano's flame out at Bama has schools taking a harder look.
I think it has had an effect.

Evans still sent out all the wrong signals in all the wrong ways, and that's on him. But Alfano's crash-and-burn in Tuscaloosa was high profile and very public.

Plus, the coaching fraternity is small, and it's about impossible to keep personnel problems secret. I'd bet a house payment that they all knew about Alfano's excuses for doing (or, more accurately, not doing) what he was supposed to do, the lengths to which we went to help him, his outright refusal to be helped, and the red flags during his HS career and recruitment that foreshadowed that behavior.

I think it was a cautionary tale, and not just for the Alabama program.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
So Evans actually did sign a LOI at Georgia? My gator buddy is telling me that if he signs with UF it'll be a grant of some kind, that he can not sign scholarship papers? This is confusing.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So Evans actually did sign a LOI at Georgia? My gator buddy is telling me that if he signs with UF it'll be a grant of some kind, that he can not sign scholarship papers? This is confusing.
He can get a full scholarship - he just cannot sign an LOI. Think of it like the Kaho thing with Oregon/Alabama a few years ago.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.