Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Reactions: kyallie

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I can see the butt hurt and I understand. He was not familiar with the cesspool of backstabbing, keep it down home cuz (take that you northern carpetbagger) that is Auburn.
Not that I care about Harsin, but didn't the Barn also conjure up some story about him having an improper relationship with a staffer and drop it in the news while he was on vacation with his family?

Idk the exact outcome of that, but from what I recall (and the fact that the story basically disappeared as quickly as it emerged) it was just a sleazy attempt to smear him out of his job and severance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this...wouldn't want to unfairly tarnish Auburn's sterling reputation.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Not that I care about Harsin, but didn't the Barn also conjure up some story about him having an improper relationship with a staffer and drop it in the news while he was on vacation with his family?

Idk the exact outcome of that, but from what I recall (and the fact that the story basically disappeared as quickly as it emerged) it was just a sleazy attempt to smear him out of his job and severance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this...wouldn't want to unfairly tarnish Auburn's sterling reputation.
That's the way I remember it.

I'm surprised Harsin didn't sue for defamation. Or maybe agreeing to release the barn from all claims was part of getting the full buyout.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
That's the way I remember it.

I'm surprised Harsin didn't sue for defamation. Or maybe agreeing to release the barn from all claims was part of getting the full buyout.
That's about as low as you can go in my opinion.

And they tried to pull some crud about him refusing to cut short his vacation as grounds to terminate him without severance for not cooperating in their bogus investigation.

What a bunch of losers.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
That's about as low as you can go in my opinion.

And they tried to pull some crud about him refusing to cut short his vacation as grounds to terminate him without severance for not cooperating in their bogus investigation.

What a bunch of losers.
You forgot we are talking about the Barn. They can and probably will one day go lower.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.