99, 98, 97 Days Til Kick Off Player Count Down

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Every time I saw Najee hurdle a player I cringed. Specifically, it wasn't the hurdle but the landing that I feared. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if "hurdling" became a penalty. I generally hate new rules, but that's one I wouldn't necessarily "disagree" with because of the injury potential.

But Najee is clearly the best hurdler I've ever seen in football! :)

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Every time I saw Najee hurdle a player I cringed. Specifically, it wasn't the hurdle but the landing that I feared. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if "hurdling" became a penalty. I generally hate new rules, but that's one I wouldn't necessarily "disagree" with because of the injury potential.

That would never happen because it’s an offensive penalty and the powers that be only care about player safety when its convenient.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Saban hated it too. He used to really give Najee the business on the sidelines after one of his patented hurdles.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
22 days until Alabama Football: Johnny Musso
We are now 22 days away from kickoff! Johnny Musso was a halfback at Alabama from 1969-1971. The number 22 has been graced by a plethora of talent, including recent RBs Mark Ingram and Najee Harris but Johnny Musso may be the best to have ever graced the number. Described as a "bulldozing blocker and breakaway runner", Musso was a three-year starter for Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant's Tide. Over the course of his career, the “Italian Stallion” rushed for a total of 2,742 yards (school record at the time) on 4.8 YPC and 34 TDs with another 495 yards and 4 TDs added as a pass catcher. His best season came in 1971 when he rushed for 1,088 yards and a school-record at the time 16 TDs as Musso captained the Tide to an 11-1 record and the 1971 SEC Championship. For his efforts, Musso was named a First Team All-SEC (his second All-SEC nod) and a Consensus All-American (his second All-American nod). He was also awarded SEC Player of the Year in 1971 and placed fourth in the Heisman Trophy voting. After graduating, Musso was drafted with the 62nd overall pick in the 1972 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears but opted to play in Canada for the BC Lions for a better contract offer. In 1973, Musso rushed for 1,029 yards earning him a CFL West All-Star nod. After the CFL, Musso played for the Birmingham Vulcans of the WFL for one season before spending three seasons with the Chicago Bears. Johnny Musso was inducted into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame in 1989 and the College Football Hall of Fame in 2000.
1660362858489.png
22 DAYS AWAY FROM BAMA KICKOFF: MARK INGRAM

Ingram was rated as a four-star recruit in the 2008 class by 247Sports, and was the 10th ranked running back in the nation. He chose the Crimson Tide over several other notable Power Five offers, opting to buy into what Nick Saban was building in Tuscaloosa.

As a freshman, Ingram split time with Glen Coffee, earning 143 reps and finishing with over 700 rushing yards. He was named to the Freshman All-SEC team and the Tide finished just a game short of an appearance in the national title.
In 2009, Ingram took over as the full-time starter and put together one of the best seasons ever for a Bama running back. The sophomore rushed for over 1,600 yards and scored 17 touchdowns, culminating with becoming the program's first ever Heisman Trophy winner. Ingram and the Tide finished the season undefeated and won the National Championship in dominant fashion over Texas.
In his third and final year at Alabama, Ingram and newcomer Trent Richardson combined to form one of college football's scariest backfields of all-time. The pair combined for 1,575 yards and nearly 20 touchdowns, but the Tide dropped a few crucial games in the regular season and missed out on returning to the championship.
Ingram departed for the NFL after the 2010 season and was selected by the New Orleans Saints in the first round of the draft.

He spent eight seasons in the Big Easy before joining the Baltimore Ravens in 2019. Ingram spent just two years in Baltimore, and signed with the Houston Texans for the 2021 season, but was traded halfway through the year back to the Saints.
Across his 11-year NFL career, Ingram has compiled nearly 8,000 rushing yards and 54 touchdowns and is a three-time Pro Bowler (2014, 2017, 2019).
He is still with the Saints as they head into the 2022 season but will likely see a limited role on the offense with Alvin Kamara as the featured back. Despite his best playing days being behind him, Ingram has found longevity in the league that few at his position have.
1660363573524.png

WEARING #22 THIS YEAR TRE'QUON FEGANS

1660363838022.png
  • POSITION DB
  • HEIGHT 6-2
  • WEIGHT 185
  • CLASS Freshman
  • HOMETOWN Alabaster, Ala.
  • HIGH SCHOOL Thompson

Attachments

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
21 days until Alabama Football: Riley Smith
We are 21 days away from kickoff! Riley Smith did just about everything for the Tide including, passing, blocking, punting, and kicking from 1933-1935. Smith's swiss army knife-like abilities helped the Tide win two SEC Championships, the 1935 Rose Bowl (1934 season), and the 1934 National Championship. Smith also garnered a plethora of individual accolades including being named All-SEC three times and All-American at QB in 1935. The "General" was also awarded the Jacobs Blocking Trophy in 1935 (SEC's best blocker). After graduating, Smith was selected with the second overall pick in the first-ever (1936) NFL Draft by the Boston Redskins (later the Washington Redskins and now Washington Commanders). He went onto play professional football for three seasons and received two All-Pro selections. Riley Smith then went into coaching before serving in the U.S. Navy as a lieutenant commander for the duration of World War II. Riley Smith was inducted into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame in 1978 and the College Football Hall of Fame in 1985.
1660438889763.png
21 DAYS AWAY FROM BAMA KICKOFF: DRE KIRKPATRICK
Dre Kirkpatrick locked up opposing wideouts in Crimson and White from 2009-11 and was a key building block of the early part of the Nick Saban era at Alabama.
A five-star recruit in the 2009 cycle from Gadsden City, AL, Kirkpatrick was one of the nation's most highly touted prospects and chose the Tide over the likes of Texas, Florida, USC and more.
In his first season with the team, the lengthy corner saw time in 12 games, but was mainly used as a reserve defender, finishing the year with just eight total tackles. In his sophomore season, Kirkpatrick took over the starting job from Javier Arenas, who departed for the NFL, and was an immediate star.
He finished with 53 total tackles and notched three interceptions on the year in some of the Tide's most crucial matchups.
In Kirkpatrick's final season with the Crimson Tide, he helped lead the nation's top ranked defense and compiled 30 tackles and nine pass deflections. Alabama finished the year 12-1 and won the National Championship over LSU, and the junior was named to the All-SEC Second Team.
Kirkpatrick entered the 2012 NFL Draft as one of the most exciting corner prospects in the class. He was drafted 17th overall to the Cincinnati Bengals and put together a very solid eight-year stint with the team.
In 2020, the former five-star signed with the Arizona Cardinals after being released by Cincinnati but spent just a season with the team before not being re-signed. He spent time with the 49ers ahead of the 2021 season but was cut before the end of the year.
Across a 10-year NFL career, the Bama legend compiled 365 tackles, 72 pass deflections and 13 interceptions. While he was never named to a Pro Bowl in his time in the league, Kirkpatrick was one of the NFL's most consistent and reliable cornerbacks during his prime years in Cincinnati.
Now, Kirkpatrick is focused on helping his son navigate the same waters he once did as a high school recruit. Dre Kirkpatrick, Jr. is currently a three-star prospect in the 2024 class and holds offers from South Carolina, Marshall and UAB.
He took an unofficial visit to Alabama in June of last year and has also made unofficial trips to Ohio State and Georgia Tech.
1660439235843.png

WEARING #21THIS YEAR JAKE POPE

1660439409064.png
  • POSITION DB
  • HEIGHT 6-1
  • WEIGHT 190
  • CLASS Freshman
  • HOMETOWN Buford, Ga.
  • HIGH SCHOOL Buford

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.