A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
1) Barmore was on fire and unstoppable. I think that another year in school would help him but he is probably gone after the game he played. He just plain dominated and took the game over.
2) Mac was loose and smiling before the game. He was not the least bit nervous!
3) We are so great, just so great that at one point we were playing without Davonta, Waddle, and Dickerson and were still moving the ball.
4) I watch every play of every game. but Sark called some formations with motions that I have never seen, and they just couldn't stop us!!!
5) I really felt sorry for Battle. He was 100% NOT trying to hurt that TE. That kid improves week to week.
6) It's time for Bryce Young to take over. I can't wait to see him bring it!!!
7) Thanks to my new friends here as well as the moderators for giving us a place to share our joy in these dismal times.
8) Did anyone hear Saban after the game when he was asked if he had processed the fact that he won his 7th championship? He said, "not really because I am always looking ahead." Wow, that man is something else.
9) Just like Steely Dan said, "they got a name for winners in the world." Then he mentions us.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
No problem. I will delete it. I'm having trouble deleting the post. Delete comes up for this post, but not for the original.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Also respectfully - the "Deacon Blues" song is something of an insult to us by admission of one of the guys in Steely Dan. Most folks don't know this (I didn't for years).

• Thank You
Reactions: day-day and The Ols

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Battle was in tears on the sideline. On the SECN The Alabama crew all commented that it makes no sense that you punish college players worse than pros with targeting.
First, all Battle has to do is keep his head up and he doesn't get that call. But wouldn't we agree that we need to work harder to protect amateur athletes than pros?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
First, all Battle has to do is keep his head up and he doesn't get that call. But wouldn't we agree that we need to work harder to protect amateur athletes than pros?
This...I guarantee he will keep his head up the next time...better than being carried off on a stretcher and have your ability to walk in doubt. I used to tell my oldest son, a good HS middle linebacker, to keep his head up...we can fix noses a lot easier than necks.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Can I be honest here?

I think what frustrates us about the targeting thing - and this is FOR ANYBODY - is that it's an "intent does not matter" play. It was the right call last night as much as I didn't like it. But maybe we need to do with the targeting like we do with the face masking. Generally speaking, you can with almost 100% certainty tell whether someone was channeling his inner Jack Tatum or simply violated the letter of the law. Maybe a 5-yard, auto first down, and player ejection for two.

OTOH - I'll admit as much as I hate it that - as Gary Danielson said years ago - "that's the hit they're trying to get out of football." Maybe I'm wrong, but I do think clear intent should matter. If it's debatable, it's the refs call.

I mean, it already is right now.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Also respectfully - the "Deacon Blues" song is something of an insult to us by admission of one of the guys in Steely Dan. Most folks don't know this (I didn't for years).
While I have know that for some time, I refuse to let it be a deterrent from enjoying the song or that it calls us "Winners". After all, to paraphrase some old guy that wore funny hats, "We ain't never been nothing but winners!!!" Play the song loud and sing it proud.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Even though the intent may have been negative, the bottom line, in my humble opinion, is that the optics present Alabama in a positive light...

We have a generation of people (both fans and non-fans) who know the song...sing the song...and identify Alabama as “The Winners in the World!” 😉

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Can I be honest here?

I think what frustrates us about the targeting thing - and this is FOR ANYBODY - is that it's an "intent does not matter" play. It was the right call last night as much as I didn't like it. But maybe we need to do with the targeting like we do with the face masking. Generally speaking, you can with almost 100% certainty tell whether someone was channeling his inner Jack Tatum or simply violated the letter of the law. Maybe a 5-yard, auto first down, and player ejection for two.

OTOH - I'll admit as much as I hate it that - as Gary Danielson said years ago - "that's the hit they're trying to get out of football." Maybe I'm wrong, but I do think clear intent should matter. If it's debatable, it's the refs call.

I mean, it already is right now.
You can't enforce something as subjective as intent...you can enforce leading with the crown of the helmet, etc. You would have to be God to know intent in all instances. You don't have to go Jack Tatum on someone to hurt yourself or someone else. Same reasoning outlawed clipping years ago...and blindside blocks.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
No problem. I will delete it. I'm having trouble deleting the post. Delete comes up for this post, but not for the original.
Don't delete it - I loved your post and if a moderator feels it should be merged then he/she will do it. (sidebar...do we have any female mods any more).

As a new member, I think the forum benefits from your perspective.

Day after winning a national title should be a time to celebrate and be thankful.

Just my 2 cents..... 🤙

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
You can't enforce something as subjective as intent...you can enforce leading with the crown of the helmet, etc. You would have to be God to know intent in all instances. You don't have to go Jack Tatum on someone to hurt yourself or someone else. Same reasoning outlawed clipping years ago...and blindside blocks.
Why not couch it in terms of "incidental" and "flagrant" then?

This would be in line with the facemask rule. One is a 5 yard penalty. The other is 15 yards and automatic 1st down. If flagrant then eject either after the 1st or 2nd team penalty.

If you don't do individual ejection after the 1st then you have to do 2nd team penalty to prevent intentional flouting of the rule - and let's face it, we know some coaches...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Have listened to it countless times and don't see how it is the least bit disrespectful... :cool:

Reactions: Bazza

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Why not couch it in terms of "incidental" and "flagrant" then?

This would be in line with the facemask rule. One is a 5 yard penalty. The other is 15 yards and automatic 1st down. If flagrant then eject either after the 1st or 2nd team penalty.

If you don't do individual ejection after the 1st then you have to do 2nd team penalty to prevent intentional flouting of the rule - and let's face it, we know some coaches...
That may be the most sensible recommendation I have heard to date...can you send that to the CFB rules-makers?

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Most people's issue is tossing the player after he does it once. It should be like the NFL, do it once 15 yard penalty, do it again ya gone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.