A Warning From Survivors of Authoritarianism

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Long read but worth it. Started to post this in the election thread but thought it deserved its own thread.

That in stark terms for all the one issue voters who blindly support Trump because of some right wing propaganda that has been spread about abortion, LBGT rights, etc. They are essentially supporting the end of Democracy.

I think today about the fact that one man, McConnell rules the entire legislative process. The House of Representatives has been essentially neutered as an equal member of the governing process. The courts and all of the administrative bodies are being politicized. The decades of Congress handing power over to the Executive branch has come to this. An authoritarian who uses his power to circumvent literally every remaining obstacle in his path.

Every one in the world should be concerned with a narcissistic sociopath and his minions controlling all of the levers of power!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the really sad thing about this is, he is not remotely capable of doing this alone. without the continued, almost complete, support of the patriotic, christian values, gop he would not be able to do any of this.

i guess that old quote applies -
when fascism comes to america, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Why did the author of that article sign it

"WRITTEN BY
umair haque

vampire."?
From a quick look it appears as if it’s like the text on Twitter below people’s names that they use to say a bit about themselves - many use it as a space for a joke & change it out often.

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Meh. I think Trump loses by ALOT on November 3. If I am correct then we will not have to worry about this for atleast another 4 years. Biden is not an authoratarian.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This situation is not just about DJT...though he has exacerbated it by immense degrees. We have disenfranchised persons on both ends of the political spectrum -- people who feel that the current economic/political system does not work for them or, in many cases, works against them. We have had many warnings over the last 20 years: growth in ratio between ceo/board/management and worker pay; out of the world growth in college debt and no manageable way to pay it back; loss of the middle class "working" jobs that allowed one to support one's family; racial tension as the number of minorities increases vis a vis the Anglo majority; old racial prejudices that seemingly refuse to die.
All of this has now come to a head...acerbated by the Covid 19 virus and the pent up tension it has created by the stay at home, wear a mask necessities. The societal "common good" pact that we once depended upon has been shattered.
Sorry for the diatribe, but I've been thinking about how we arrived at this place...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.