AAPI/ Atlanta massage parlor shooting, NS version

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I guess to help keep the NSNP thread clean, we should have one here.
I really dont get it. Even if covid did start in China, what kind of nuts would start attacking Asian Americans here because of it? There were always anti Asian bigots around but now they seem to be stirred up to the point of acting out violently.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I have read differing reports of his motives. Some say he went in and said he wanted to kill Asians but others said he just wanted to kill a bunch of hos because he had a sex addiction.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess to help keep the NSNP thread clean, we should have one here.
I really dont get it. Even if covid did start in China, what kind of nuts would start attacking Asian Americans here because of it? There were always anti Asian bigots around but now they seem to be stirred up to the point of acting out violently.
Deep prejudice against Asians is far from being new here...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
“Historically, the term ‘sex addiction’ has been used by white males to absolve themselves from personal and legal responsibility for their behaviors,” Apryl Alexander, associate professor in the Graduate School of Professional Psychology at the University of Denver, told NBC Asian America. “It is often used as an excuse to pathologize misogyny.”

The defense of sex addiction itself, Alexander said, is a highly controversial one as those in the fields of psychology, psychiatry and sex research continue to debate whether to formally recognize it. Currently, the idea that sex addiction is a disorder is not supported by research, nor is it accepted as a clinical diagnosis, she said.

“A lot of individuals who are doing this kind of self-reports of sexual addiction are having normative sexual behaviors and urges, but they might be excessive. Or for a lot of people, it's rooted in shame that ‘I'm having these attractions and emotional desires that are normal, but I don't recognize them as normal,’” Alexander said.

Though the American Psychiatric Association added the concept of sexual addiction to its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in 1987, it later retracted the term and has since rejected the addition of the idea to its later editions including the DSM–5, which is widely seen as the definitive resource on mental disorders, on the basis of a lack of supporting evidence
How 'sex addiction' has historically been used to absolve white men (nbcnews.com)

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
His explaining it as a "sex addiction" is just cover for the racism. If he had a sex addiction - he could just.... have sex. Paid or otherwise. Even with his less than stellar appearance, there's some poor sap of a woman who would willingly have him.
Many people are addicted or preoccupied with sex, men and women - & don't go around killing people.
No, he's a racist and an incel.
The religious aspect is probably accurate, but there are tons of people who just keep that to themselves instead of killing people.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that a man who bypassed multiple massage parlors to go to three massage parlors and kill, what, six Asian women? is completely not a racist. Furthermore, the fact he blames the women for HIS "sex addiction" is also totally normal is not indicative of misogyny. I would also not be alarmed by the fact that many in his religious group feel that the capital insurrection was justified. The responsibility is ALL on him, but he must have some mental health issues - poor guy was just having a bad day and damn! Who hasn't had a bad day and killed multiple Asian women for fueling their sex addiction?!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Some conservative politicians and talk showpundits have accused those pointing to racism of rushing to judgement and driving further racial division in the country. U.S. Rep. Barry Loudermilk, a Republican whose district includes the Cherokee County area, denounced the shooting but told one publication that it was “just a mental health issue.”

Asian Americans say comments like that hurt, especially amid a nationwide rise in anti-Asian violence that’s been largely fueled by rhetoric surrounding the origin of the coronavirus.

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am just curious about something. Those of you that are against the death penalty, do you make an exception for something like this?
I would consider the death penalty only if there is clear video evidence that the person who committed the murders is the person being charged. I do not trust eye witnesses, and I do not trust the police or prosecutors. If there is any chance that the person could have been framed, I would never even consider the death penalty.

In this case, there is clear video evidence that he did it, so yes - fry him.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I would consider the death penalty only if there is clear video evidence that the person who committed the murders is the person being charged. I do not trust eye witnesses, and I do not trust the police or prosecutors. If there is any chance that the person could have been framed, I would never even consider the death penalty.

In this case, there is clear video evidence that he did it, so yes - fry him.
Yeah, guys like this and Dylann Roof do not deserve to breathe air anymore. Fry them, cremate them and dump the ashes in a sewer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.