About time to get cranked up

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
Anyone have any offseason news about the baseball team? What is the outlook for 2020? Hope we see some light at the end of the tunnel this year.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I think that our position players will be solid, and lord knows a lot of guys got innings last year, but with zero weekend starters coming back and us playing in the SEC (nine pre-season top 25 teams), it is never going to be easy to get off the snide. Hopefully we can take a step forward this year.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
My goal for this season has always been to make the SEC Tourney, even as a 10-12 seed.

Luckily, with Mizzou being ineligible for the postseason this year, that means we only have to have a better conference record than one other team. Maybe my goal is a low bar, but after winning a total of 20 conference games in the past 3 season combined, I'll take it.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
We (according to CBB) have an SEC roster. Now if that is an elite level roster is yet to be seen. I think we make the SEC tourney. I am thinking in the 8-9 range. The SEC is loaded with baseball programs as it almost always is. We are getting better and this is the first major step we take.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
We (according to CBB) have an SEC roster. Now if that is an elite level roster is yet to be seen. I think we make the SEC tourney. I am thinking in the 8-9 range. The SEC is loaded with baseball programs as it almost always is. We are getting better and this is the first major step we take.
If we can get in the sec tourney as a 8-9 seed in all likelihood that would probably also put us in a regional so yeah will definitely take it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Making it to Hoover, and winning a few SEC series should be the goal. I think making THE tournament would be nice, but I think its going to take a few years to get there.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Our RPI was #44 last year even with a terrible Sunday conference record (0-10). If we split those we are most likely in a regional. If we have the pitching we may have a shot this year.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
My son played at nice weekend event at the Joe over the summer. We got a nice look at the indoor cages and weight room. Then I ran into CBB in ATL. Both times he was extremely gracious with his time. If the warm fuzzies count for anything, I expect him to continue an upward trend as long as he stays in Ttown.

Reactions: gman4tide

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Dead. Last. In. The. West.

This is an absolutely loaded sec. There is speculation there could be as many 9 regional hosts in the SEC. I think we will be better than what most think. Beat up on non sec teams (or we are in trouble) and then hope, the ball bounces our way a few times and finish higher.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
We are gonna be much improved. We are the kind of team that if we can pull out one we aren’t supposed to, we could be the team that wins a ton of games. Just trying to do that when your opponents are some of the best in the country is hard, really hard.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I saw Bohannon interviewed this week and he is confident we now have an SEC roster but he also understands how loaded the SEC is. He said the first 4 weeks of the season with out of conference play is very important for this team. He said if they can get to 14-16 in the SEC and do well in the OOC schedule they have a shot at the NCAA tourney.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.