ACC and PAC 12 Demise seems close (FSU officially stating intentions to fight ACC Grant of Rights)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think FSU to the B1G is a great idea and they need to take Miami with them. That would give them 20 teams. The SEC in 2024 will have 16 teams. EDIT. I would prefer the SEC add UNC, NcState, UVA, and Va Tech and hold at 20 teams.

Last edited:

hfhmilkman

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2023
I think FSU to the B1G is a great idea and they need to take Miami with them. That would give them 20 teams. The SEC in 2024 will have 16 teams. EDIT. I would prefer the SEC add UNC, NcState, UVA, and Va Tech and hold at 20 teams.
Big Ten teams have an AAU requirement. Nebraska had its certification removed after it was accepted into the Big10. That issue would have to be resolved.

DymaxionDon

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 14, 2019
Any conference considering FSU as a member needs to consider the character of the fan base. From my perspective this is a major turnoff.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Apparently rumors going around that FSU is exploring leaving the ACC to B1G.

I put it low on actually happening but who knows
This is not a very easy move for a number of reasons.

First, FSU will have to pay over 100 million to leave the ACC and it's not like ESPN is going to help them go play for a rival network.

If they get past that hurdle, then there's the economic realities. They are not going to get a full share, and I say this because Oregon and Washington are not getting a full share, and Rutgers and Maryland didn't until the new contrast, so I'd wager their yes votes come with conditions.

Then of course there is the academic situation, the Big 10 has been pretty serious thus far about meeting certain academic criteria, which FSU does not meet (Oklahoma didn't either, which I would wager is one reason they were not a serious consideration). I doubt Northwestern is going to be so in love with adding FSU that they drop that requirement and I'd bet at least a few schools would either come out against it, or say why not Miami?

There are other things at play here, but I'm really not sure FSU by themselves has what it takes to get into the Big 10 or the SEC.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
What about Clemson and Duke?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
What about Clemson and Duke?
I'm not very big on NC State or VT, but I'm trying to figure out what especially under that scenario Clemson and Duke could offer the SEC?

Even Clemson, the fall I predicted has already started. Not only on the field, but for instance they had 2 million less viewers per game than FSU this year. This means they were closer to the last place team in viewers than FSU, and it won't take much to put them back in the middle of the pack.

If they're not a huge draw in their own right (Duke is great in basketball but horrible in football), it becomes about the demographics of the state and under that scenario the SEC has access to both of those states.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Clemson gives us a second foothold in a relatively small state. A better football program overall than South Carolina but I dont think we need another spot in the Palmetto State.

Duke doesnt do much for me. Lousy football and we dont know what theyll do post-K in basketball. If UNC said theyd join only if we took Duke that would be the only reason Id take them.

I dont know if getting FSU is worth it just to block the Big Ten from the state.

Reactions: JDCrimson

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Clemson would love to see Miami and FSU go to the Big 10. Then they win the ACC EVERY year and get an auto playoff spot,

Reactions: dathbama

Latest threads