BREAKING According to ESPN, Lincoln Riley to Become USC Head Coach

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In Norman, he is pretty much the only game in town. In LA, he can go where he wants and most people won’t notice. They have two teams in all four pro sports plus movie and TV stars.

Reactions: CB4

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Wouldn't Lane be a great replacement at OU? I bet people would barely even notice a difference in his teams versus Riley's teams.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's going to take a LOT more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to live there than in Oklahoma. After watching home renovation shows where a 1200 sq. ft. home cost at least $1 million+. Gas prices are HIGHER, etc.

Well, will he be paid $15 million+ per year?
Does he have to buy a new home every year? He will be fine.

Reactions: The Ols

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Or unless, like Saban, Kingsbury has realized the NFL is not his thing.
They have built that team around his style of play. If he leaves, fans there would have every right to hate him.

Saban likely stays at Miami if he gets his QB, Brees.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Several media types calling USC the best job in college football, haha. SMH. It’s barely a top 10 job now..

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In Norman, he is pretty much the only game in town. In LA, he can go where he wants and most people won’t notice. They have two teams in all four pro sports plus movie and TV stars.
Even by his own fans in the stands at the Coliseum on game day. All 30,000 of them in a 90,000 seat stadium. And half of those show up in the second quarter and leave by the end of third.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
And USC has a chance to be very good again.
Yes. I get it from a competitive standpoint. USC is the only program in that conference with a chance at being elite. Yes, the only one. Not Oregon with all its Nike money. Not UCLA in the same town as USC. Not Washington.

He could run that conference in short order. And the PAC 12’s success rate in the CFP is precisely because USC has been wondering in the wilderness for over a decade. They could be the west coast version of Clemson under Dabo. (Hell that is exactly what they’ve always been when they were good).

Oklahoma is facing a steep decline when they leave for the SEC. I respect the OU members we have here and realize they all disagree wholeheartedly with that statement. But reality slaps hard.

What Alabama has done under Nick Saban has never gotten the proper respect it deserves. The best Oklahoma can hope for is some version of what LSU and Florida have done over the same time period. And yes I know what this means for us when Coach Saban decides to retire.

So I get the move by Riley. The NFL is probably not something he wants to pursue. He realizes he has maxed out the potential of Oklahoma and in fact their ceiling is about to come falling down several floors.

And on that note, by the way, as time has passed I come more and more to the conclusion that OU and Texas joining the SEC is the dumbest move in the history of collegiate athletics. But it’s going to make a crap ton of money so people are willing to take their brains out of their skulls and ignore all common sense and intelligence.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.