(2018 thread) Active Shooter - Stoneman Douglas High School (near Coral Springs, FL)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: Ted Nugent calls Parkland survivors 'liars' and 'soulless' in interview

So he went to the restroom to drop a load.................ed gun. What wrong with that?
From the linked article:

By the time he realized what he had done, a homeless man had taken the gun and fired it, the Herald said. Simpson wrestled the gun away from him and no one was hurt.
Which begs the questions.....what was a homeless man doing in the school? Did they not beef up security after the shooting? And secondly...why was the teacher in the restroom at the SAME TIME with the homeless man?

Sheesh......

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

From the linked article:

Which begs the questions.....what was a homeless man doing in the school? Did they not beef up security after the shooting? And secondly...why was the teacher in the restroom at the SAME TIME with the homeless man?

Sheesh......
The restroom was at Deerfield Beach Pier.

Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the bizarre shooting scene Sunday at the Deerfield Beach Pier near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA

When I say what I am about to say there are those on this board who are gonna fry me up in a big vat of lard but the truth is what it is:
When people figure out that what is going on in this world is that there is more and more evil then we can get started cleaning up the messes. I don't care if you believe in GOD, Satan or like some on here you believe in nothing. Evil is real and the more we let it have a foothold and the more ground we give to it the more this will happen.
To the resident Brit on this board who says knife violence won't produce the same results - 20 dead Chinese kids say differently from their graves - killed by a man who entered the school with a knife and killed them. Is the norm, no. But if you take away all the guns from honest, law abiding citizens then you will just insure that a heck of a lot more will be killed and the police will respond to dead bodies just like they do now.
I said this in the gun control thread and I'll say it here: If I want to harm someone and a gun is not available then I will use a knife, bat, pipe, or whatever else I can get my hands on to attempt to do you harm.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
One of the after effects of things like this that tends to get ignored/overlooked. Very sad.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/parkland-shooting-survivor-sydney-aiello-takes-her-own-life/?

On the day a gunman opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Sydney Aiello escaped with her life. However, the grief of losing 17 of her classmates and teachers, as well as the long-lasting effects of enduring such a traumatic event, weighed heavily on her. And this weekend, at the age of 19, Aiello took her own life.

Sydney's mother, Cara Aiello, told CBS Miami her daughter struggled with survivor's guilt and was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder in the year following the tragedy. And while she reportedly never asked for help, she struggled to attend college classes because she was scared of being in a classroom.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That is awful. Trauma in general can have a horrible psychological impact on people. But the nature of this type trauma obviously can be really bad. My wife's aunt lost a son to a drunk driver and attempted suicide. Fortunately, she was unsuccessful and was able to get admitted to the right places. But even 30 years later she's not even close to being the same person. Very, very sad.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not that this matters (though that never stopped me before), but.......in 2003-4, I lived in California....DURING the whole Laci Peterson saga. She vanished prior to my getting orders to Beale AFB, and the discovery (etc) was shortly after I got moved into my house. Two doors down from me - in northern California in the spring of 2003 - was a guy named.......Scott Peterson.

Other side note. In 1997, I had a good friend who drove trucks and on rare occasions he hauled contraband for the CIA. They never told him what was in the truck. But he had to get a copy of his bill of lading yadda yadda. So he stops off at a K-Mart to do it and pulls his long truck alongside the store, gets out, and goes in to have his stuff run off in the office. All of a sudden they announce to evacuate the building. They let him copy as he's about done, and he goes out to his truck. LEOs follow him to his truck and ask him what he's hauling. He tells them he has no idea no idea (he obviously can't mention the CIA, and who believes that anyway?). But he's denying them the right to search his vehicle. He's cooperative otherwise so they ask to see his license. No big deal, he shows it to them.

I think you can imagine the reaction when the cops found out the guy hauling explosives in 1997 was named Jim McVay. Timothy's trial was actively going on at the time.......

• Haha
Reactions: crimsonaudio

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not that this matters (though that never stopped me before), but.......in 2003-4, I lived in California....DURING the whole Laci Peterson saga. She vanished prior to my getting orders to Beale AFB, and the discovery (etc) was shortly after I got moved into my house. Two doors down from me - in northern California in the spring of 2003 - was a guy named.......Scott Peterson.

Other side note. In 1997, I had a good friend who drove trucks and on rare occasions he hauled contraband for the CIA. They never told him what was in the truck. But he had to get a copy of his bill of lading yadda yadda. So he stops off at a K-Mart to do it and pulls his long truck alongside the store, gets out, and goes in to have his stuff run off in the office. All of a sudden they announce to evacuate the building. They let him copy as he's about done, and he goes out to his truck. LEOs follow him to his truck and ask him what he's hauling. He tells them he has no idea no idea (he obviously can't mention the CIA, and who believes that anyway?). But he's denying them the right to search his vehicle. He's cooperative otherwise so they ask to see his license. No big deal, he shows it to them.

I think you can imagine the reaction when the cops found out the guy hauling explosives in 1997 was named Jim McVay. Timothy's trial was actively going on at the time.......
One advantage of having a rare name... :D

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.