Afghanistan

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm still interested in what's happening with Afghanistan now that the Taliban has complete control. Friend of mine expressed concern of all the NVG left behind. He said when he was over there, it was a huge concern that these not fall into the opposition's hands.

Reactions: seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Taliban name ex-Guantanamo detainees and wanted man to new caretaker government

(CNN)The Taliban on Tuesday announced the formation of a hardline interim government for Afghanistan, filling top posts with veterans of the militant group who oversaw the 20-year fight against the US-led military coalition.
No women or members from Afghanistan's ousted leadership were selected for acting cabinet positions or named to advisory roles, in spite of the Taliban's promises of an inclusive government and more moderate form of Islamic rule than when it was last in power, from 1996 to 2001.

Shocking!

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I'm still interested in what's happening with Afghanistan now that the Taliban has complete control. Friend of mine expressed concern of all the NVG left behind. He said when he was over there, it was a huge concern that these not fall into the opposition's hands.

88 billion dollars of US equipment was left over there. China jumped on it quick. Bad things are happening very quickly. Maybe Biden has a secret plan....................................

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

As someone who has spent a year of my life in that place…. Who cares? Drench it in hellfire and be done with it. Fighting a war for fat cats and wasting more blood to fill fat cats pockets isn’t worth worrying about Night vision goggles or equipment left by cowards that surrendered it because they refused to defend their country.

Anyone “concerned” about all this equipment should buy a ticket to Western China or Pakistan and cross the border to go get it back.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
88 billion dollars of US equipment was left over there. China jumped on it quick. Bad things are happening very quickly. Maybe Biden has a secret plan....................................
Again who really cares? We spent trillions of dollars between 11 years of GOP administrations and 9 years of Democrats for a puppet government that ran. At some point the equipment left falls well short of the total economic burden and blood spilled to enrich the select few.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Again who really cares? We spent trillions of dollars between 11 years of GOP administrations and 9 years of Democrats for a puppet government that ran. At some point the equipment left falls well short of the total economic burden and blood spilled to enrich the select few.
I keep saying it, Afghanistan was a roaring success for them.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I keep saying it, Afghanistan was a roaring success for them.
Dogs of war and men of hate
With no cause, we don't discriminate
Discovery is to be disowned
Our currency is flesh and bone
Hell opened up and put on sale
Gather 'round and haggle
For hard cash, we will lie and deceive
Even our masters don't know the web we weave

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Regarding equipment the only thing that the Chinese didn't have a copy of was.....heck, nothing. We never gave Afghanistan proprietary good stuff that we don't share (the stuff you had to be in America to sell to the Chinese).

In all honestly though, I'm excited to see these weapons sold and sold and sold and hit the US on the streets. I'd say.....5 years tops, but should not 2-3.

• Facepalm
Reactions: B1GTide

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It seems like right wing concern for Afghanistan has now skyrocketed since Biden followed through on Trump's abandonment of the Afghanistan war. Frankly, ending the war was the only policy Trump advanced I could warm up to, but he went about it in typical Trump fashion, making things worse.

I even had one rw friend suggest the women of America would be more concerned with mistreatment of women by the Taliban when they vote again. Never mind the abortion crap and stripping women's control of their own bodies that they are promoting here.

The Texas Governor now says yes, his law will force a child to deliver the baby fathered by a rapist, but don't be offended, he will address this problem by ending rape in his state.

And rightwingers hang their hat on the prospect of American women putting up with this because Afghanistan is now and always has been a disaster? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Dogs of war and men of hate
With no cause, we don't discriminate
Discovery is to be disowned
Our currency is flesh and bone
Hell opened up and put on sale
Gather 'round and haggle
For hard cash, we will lie and deceive
Even our masters don't know the web we weave
Great song by a great group.

Reactions: 81usaf92

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.