AJ McCarron Top Rated QB.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Not that I'm overly worried about a Hiesman winner because I'd rather have the crystal, but it amazes me that he is getting little to no love for the Hiesman yet they are still trying to tout GINO SMITH with two ugly losses because he can't get it done.

Not that I'm overly worried about a Hiesman winner because I'd rather have the crystal, but it amazes me that he is getting little to no love for the Hiesman yet they are still trying to tout GINO SMITH with two ugly losses because he can't get it done.
It's the numbers he's putting up. It's hard to do in the offense we have. Never mind that he's a great leader, at least from what I see, and he doesn't turn the ball over. He does the right things and does them the right way.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
Now if he'll only throw for 829 yards next week,with Tyler Russell only throwing 673 yards, in a 74-61 beatdown of the Miss. State, talk of the heisman will begin.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
AJ continues to impress me. I think he has to be hands down the first team All-SEC QB with the numbers he's putting up, but he's not making mistakes which in my opinion is what separates him from the other QB's. He should be up for some All-American awards also, but probably will not get a ton of votes just because he does not throw the ball as much as other QB's.

AJ is having an outstanding season.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
So impressive. Especially in our conference, it is a shame that he isn't up for more awards. Maybe he can get the other QB awards at the end of the year. Maxwell or the Davy obrien award?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Which is utterly ridiculous considering the hapless Colorado team they played. Barkley has been terribly inconsistent this season.
I agree. I can understand the love for the Kansas State QB, because they are winning. But when USC needed to win against Stanford, Barkley didn't step up and just folded and made bad decisions.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
the heisman is a stats award. not the best player so i wouldnt be too concerned if he wasnt among the leaders. Though i have been hearing his name for the past 3 weeks or so in the conversation at least.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
There isn't a QB in the country I'd trade AJ for. He is a perfect fit for what we do. People say "Well he hasn't had to win a game for Alabama yet". Why fault him if his teammates never put him in that position?

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
Yeah, these Heisman people/sports writers, etc, need to realize something. AJ plays against something called a "defense". Geno Smith (who is out of it now after an awful performance last night with 2 INTs, two straight blowout losses, he better be!) KSU's QB, etc, they don't play defenses! They don't take their QB out after 3 quarters! KSU's QB was in until the very end last night, waaaay after it was 52-7.
Defenses don't let the scores go to 70-63. Nor do they really let it be 55-14.

AJ is the best QB in the nation in my opinion. Very, very, efficient. Does exactly what he needs to do. He makes it look easy and that is hard to do against a defense - Something the Big 12 knows nothing about.

Now that's not to say Klein isn't a darn good quarterback, he just hasn't played anyone with a real defense like we have/will.

I guess we'll see what happens as the last part of the season unfolds.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
AJ continues to impress me. I think he has to be hands down the first team All-SEC QB with the numbers he's putting up, but he's not making mistakes which in my opinion is what separates him from the other QB's. He should be up for some All-American awards also, but probably will not get a ton of votes just because he does not throw the ball as much as other QB's.
quality over quantity.

fatphilsbrother

Oct 18, 2012
I saw McCarron personally Saturday night in Neyland and he is very impressive. He reminds me a lot of Jay Barker but with a better arm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.