Alabama and Oklahoma Schedule Home and Away 2032-2033

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Crazy to think how close Bama came to pulling the upset. Still crushing to think about Watts just dropping that ball...
Frankly we played so far over our heads the next year and could have beaten them again in Tuscaloosa.

We had no business being in either game. The 2002 game was a master class by fRAN, hate him as I do, in special teams and trick plays. But more than that, our OL and DL absolutely dominated the second half.

Until Watts's fumble, and those damn shovel passes to Renaldo Works.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Frankly we played so far over our heads the next year and could have beaten them again in Tuscaloosa.

We had no business being in either game. The 2002 game was a master class by fRAN, hate him as I do, in special teams and trick plays. But more than that, our OL and DL absolutely dominated the second half.

Until Watts's fumble, and those damn shovel passes to Renaldo Works.
I believe they came into BDS in 2003 ranked no. 1 in the country and we were still suffering the effects of probation. Even so it took a trick play by Bob Stoops(fake punt) for them to escape by the skin of their teeth with the win.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
ALSO, THERE IS THIS-

Bama/ OU schedule a home and home in 2032 , 2033.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yep, see the time warp post.

With as many home and home Byrne has scheduled in the last couple of years you have to plan out 10+ years. As I recall this is how scheduling has been done for quite some time.
Im just trying to figure out if people missed this news 2-3 years ago or they are just wanting to re express their excitement. If it’s the former then I can’t wait to see them when they realize that we play Texas, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and Ohio St sooner than the Sooners.

But what this thread should actually be titled is “ thoughts on current future scheduling”. I think aside from Texas, Wisconsin, and South Florida none of the rest of the H&H series are really guaranteed to happen. I hope they happen, but many of the teams 5-6 years down the line have been known to pull out. Ohio St is probably the one past 5 years that I believe is a guarantee because Ohio St and Bama have never had a H&H.

Reactions: Con

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We only play one P5 a year out of conference. Since we seem to be getting away from neutral site games (good) scheduling a game is now a two year commitment. So it doesn’t take long until you are ten years down the road.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We only play one P5 a year out of conference. Since we seem to be getting away from neutral site games (good) scheduling a game is now a two year commitment. So it doesn’t take long until you are ten years down the road.
We are actually scheduling two P5 games a year in 3 years.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Every kid ages 6-10 that dream of suiting up for the Sooners or the Tide are tremendously excited.

Me? I’ll probably be sitting on the front porch of the retirement home, eating tapioca pudding, hoping for a diaper change and screaming at the kids to “Get off the lawn”.
I just wear the band!

• Haha
Reactions: CB4

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Hottest I've ever been at a game was @ OU in 2002. B.R.U.T.A.L.
My youngest daughter was born in May of that year; and, in our infinite wisdom, we thought it would be fine to take her to the game (with our 2 y/o daughter). SUPER hot and our seats are on the east side. Needless to say, I was no help at all. My wife was such a trooper and both daughters actually did really well.

Good times. Good times.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hottest I've ever been at a game was @ OU in 2002. B.R.U.T.A.L.
Mrs. Basket Case and I were at that game.

Sat in the end zone bleachers. Since both teams were red and white, Franchione had asked that the Alabama fans wear white. We did, and it was pretty obvious who rooted for who. We opened up a good lead, and three Auburn fans...who had shown up in full Barn regalia for the express purpose of rooting against us...gave up and took the walk of shame through the Alabama section on the way out — to many hoots and catcalls.

We led by 4 with about 3 minutes to go, so a FG doesn’t help OU. Then OU went on a multi-play 85-yard TD drive. Have to tip your hat on that.

So we’re down three with time running out, but we still have a chance.

On the ensuing possession, Watts dropped back to pass, and fumbled on a vicious (but clean) hit from an OU defensive player. The Sooners returned the fumble for a TD, and the game was over.

While the final score was 37-27, the game was much closer, and we had a shot at a program-changing win.

But it was not to be.

Still, with only a very few exceptions, the OU fans were gracious and sportsmanlike both before and after the game. Generally speaking, they knew and recogized that it was a 50/50 proposition. To this day, it was the most fun I ever had at a 10-point loss.

I‘ll always remember the Sunday Oklahoma City newspaper story the next morning. Really concentrated on the spirit of the Alabama fans.

As our guys came off the field, after the OU fans had already filed out in victory, the Alabama fans stayed. We chanted, “Roll Tide...Roll Tide...Roll Tide...” over and over.

The newspaper was in awe. In an admiring way, they called it, “eerie.”

I was proud to be one exceedingly small part of that eerie chant.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaNation

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Mrs. Basket Case and I were at that game.

Sat in the end zone bleachers. Since both teams were red and white, Franchione had asked that the Alabama fans wear white. We did, and it was pretty obvious who rooted for who. We opened up a good lead, and three Auburn fans...who had shown up in full Barn regalia for the express purpose of rooting against us...gave up and took the walk of shame through the Alabama section on the way out — to many hoots and catcalls.

We led by 4 with about 3 minutes to go, so a FG doesn’t help OU. Then OU went on a multi-play 85-yard TD drive. Have to tip your hat on that.

So we’re down three with time running out, but we still have a chance.

On the ensuing possession, Watts dropped back to pass, and fumbled on a vicious (but clean) hit from an OU defensive player. The Sooners returned the fumble for a TD, and the game was over.

While the final score was 37-27, the game was much closer, and we had a shot at a program-changing win.

But it was not to be.

Still, with only a very few exceptions, the OU fans were gracious and sportsmanlike both before and after the game. Generally speaking, they knew and recogized that it was a 50/50 proposition. To this day, it was the most fun I ever had at a 10-point loss.

I‘ll always remember the Sunday Oklahoma City newspaper story the next morning. Really concentrated on the spirit of the Alabama fans.

As our guys came off the field, after the OU fans had already filed out in victory, the Alabama fans stayed. We chanted, “Roll Tide...Roll Tide...Roll Tide...” over and over.

The newspaper was in awe. In an admiring way, they called it, “eerie.”

I was proud to be one exceedingly small part of that eerie chant.
Oklahoma fans only got bad after 2013. But they are otherwise pretty good as fan bases go. They however have the most annoying fight song known to man and can be real rednecks about playing it just to annoy you for their amusement.

• Haha
Reactions: CB4

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.