Alabama Basketball Likely to Have New Face on Bench Against Mississippi State

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The 18th-ranked University of Alabama men’s basketball team will likely have a new face on the bench when it faces off against Mississippi State on Saturday evening.

Per Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News, early football enrollee Ga’Quincy McKinstry practiced with the scout team for basketball on Friday after moving on campus a couple weeks ago.

McKinstry is at Alabama on a football scholarship as a defensive back and is coming off of being named Mr. Football for the state last week.
Alabama Basketball Likely to Have New Face on Bench Against Mississippi State

RTR

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Wow! He is supposed to be a fantastic athlete so it will be interesting to see if he can contribute anything to the team this season. Given that the veterans and newcomers took the entire pre-conference schedule to gel it would be a surprise for him to come in and contribute right away but you never know. If nothing else he should be a high quality scout team guy in practice for the guys in the playing rotation to go up against.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Another warm body in practice is always helpful even if he never plays meaningful minutes.

It is also good he has something to keep him busy before spring training starts for football. It lowers the possibility of him doing something stupid as he tastes freedom for the first time.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Was asking about him playing both sports in the recruiting section.

I guess this confirms it. Most years he won't be able to contribute until mid Jan. but if he can contribute to CNO's system I say bring it on?

In the other thread we were wondering how this affects #s. Is there an unlimited # you can have on roster and then a limit to how many can dress?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Was asking about him playing both sports in the recruiting section.

I guess this confirms it. Most years he won't be able to contribute until mid Jan. but if he can contribute to CNO's system I say bring it on?

In the other thread we were wondering how this affects #s. Is there an unlimited # you can have on roster and then a limit to how many can dress?
I believe you can only dress 15. I'm not sure about the overall limit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.