Alabama Earns NCAA Postseason Berth in Ruston Regional

Diamond Tide

Baseball Moderator
Jun 23, 2000
Tuscaloosa , AL USA
diamondtide.tidefans.com
The Crimson Tide will be the No. 3 seed and is joined by NC State, Rider and host Louisiana Tech in Ruston

5/31/2021

TUSCALOOSA, AL
– Alabama baseball earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2014 as the Crimson Tide was selected as one of four teams that make up the Ruston Regional hosted by Louisiana Tech University.

The Crimson Tide will be joined in Ruston by No. 2 seed NC State and No. 4 seed Rider long with top-seeded host Louisiana Tech. The opening round of NCAA Regionals will begin on Friday, June 4 and run through Monday, June 7. Each Regional is double-elimination with only one team advancing from each Regional site into NCAA Super Regional play.

Alabama will be making its 25th all-time appearance in the NCAA Tournament and its first appearance since 2014. The Crimson Tide holds a 70-49 (.588) overall record in the NCAA Tournament, including a 56-35 (.615) mark in Regionals. Alabama has claimed seven Regional Championships in program history including titles in 1950, 1983, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2006, 2010.

Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

-UA-

RTR,

Diamond Tide

Reactions: seebell

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek

Here is a list of places to eat for those coming to Ruston. Also the local Dairy Queen is donating a 1$ for every a frosty they sell to the Athletic department. It’s a quaint little town and there is plenty of good food but it ain’t Tuscaloosa and their park is small small.
Ya wanna see small...go to UT Martin. On a positive, looking at google earth, looks like the entire stadium was rebuilt in the last year.

Reactions: Pilot172000

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The head coach of La Te
Ya wanna see small...go to UT Martin. On a positive, looking at google earth, looks like the entire stadium was rebuilt in the last year.
Yeah, it is new. Ruston also built a new sports complex to capture the revenue of travel youth sports. They host baseball, softball, and I think soccer tournaments there year around.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
The head coach of La Te

Yeah, it is new. Ruston also built a new sports complex to capture the revenue of travel youth sports. They host baseball, softball, and I think soccer tournaments there year around.
Saw that complex on ge too. A lot like the one in cartersville, ga and now down at hoovah.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
They had a Tornado come through campus two years ago and destroyed the Soccer, Softball and Baseball fields. Then Covid hit while they were building the new ones so this is the first year they are open. It only seats like 2,200 people but there honestly aren't any bad seats and parking isn't too bad. The big thing is that the Ruston Peach Festival is going on so if you want to skip a game Bama isn't playing in, you can either walk downtown or drive and walk through that. Ruston Peaches are really good especially in ice cream.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We didn't get off to the best of starts today in the regional. Very few baserunners and a couple of baserunning blunders. We only had 4 hits as the entire team seems to be in some kind of funk/slump. Even in the SECT we had but 7, 6, 7, and 2 hits in our 4 games there and only 6 runs in our last 4 games overall. Looks like we'll play Rider in tomorrow's elimination game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I promised my boys (currently 24 and 18) a few years ago to be ready, the next time we go to Omaha the three of us are going, my treat.
Lived in Omaha for 6 years and I can say there is nothing like the CWS. One of these days I’m going to OKC to see the girls play to compare it.

Latest threads

Shop the TideFans.store !