Alabama, Future Scheduling Thread

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I read a Twitter exchange that looked to be mostly B1G fans and they are already saying this is "nothing" because it'll probably be 75 that day. Most were saying we ought to come there and play in November ane person even said we'd see what it was like playing in the 60's. Do they actually think the south doesn't get cold in November too???

All of this is just a reminder that no matter what we do with the schedule there will be some to say it's not enough.

This is why the Big Ten fan bases as a whole are worthless piles of redneck scum.

1) THERE ARE NO OPEN WEEKENDS IN NOVEMBER!!

This is all a ruse, folks. They only play the "up north in November" card because it's a slam dunk to NEVER happen because they don't have any open weekends to play SEC teams in November.

They know this, which is why they're little more than Boise State wannabes - talk real tough when you know you never have to back it up.

2) The Big Ten championship game is indoors.

Screw these people. They don't want to play EACH OTHER outside, but they're demanding Southern teams do it?

Go screw yourselves, folks.

3) Big Ten fans cry like babies about "all the bowl games are in warm venues"....

.....but they never complain about the temperature in Pasadena on January 1.

You never see them say, "Hey, we should play a lesser bowl game up in Boise in the cold and let someone else go play in that warm Pasadena game."

Temperature will ALWAYS be a Big Ten excuse, but if temperature means so much, why isn't Minnesota a major power?

4) If you're the best team....

You can win on Mars. The venue doesn't matter.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Really wanna see that one. Heard Madison for a big game is insane.
Lived near Madison for the better part of two decades. It is a extremely nice city around the University. I only attended one game at Camp Randall vs. Michigan and would say that crowd enthusiasm for football mirrors the success of the team. It isn't Tiger Stadium by a long stretch with the Packers being the football team most watched in Wisconsin If the game is scheduled from mid-October onward go prepared for snow.

For the majority of Wisconsinites copious quantities of Beer and Brandy is a inalienable right. It is a major form of recreation to get through the six month winters. At our company picnics we served a truckload of kegs. It was an absolute blast.

I still miss the summers. It became home for me and I think of it being one of the most friendly and hospitable places in the world!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Lived near Madison for the better part of two decades. It is a extremely nice city around the University. I only attended one game at Camp Randall vs. Michigan and would say that crowd enthusiasm for football mirrors the success of the team. It isn't Tiger Stadium by a long stretch with the Packers being the football team most watched in Wisconsin If the game is scheduled from mid-October onward go prepared for snow.

For the majority of Wisconsinites copious quantities of Beer and Brandy is a inalienable right. It is a major form of recreation to get through the six month winters. At our company picnics we served a truckload of kegs. It was an absolute blast.

I still miss the summers. It became home for me and I think of it being one of the most friendly and hospitable places in the world!
That is a game I would consider road tripping for. I have respected the Wisconsin program for a long time and I've never been to Wisconsin. I hear its like going to Czechoslovakia.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
That is a game I would consider road tripping for. I have respected the Wisconsin program for a long time and I've never been to Wisconsin. I hear its like going to Czechoslovakia.
I have often described Madison around the campus as very European. It is beautiful to walk along the lake on a snowy day and stop at one of the many coffee shops and bakeries in the area around the campus.

People would often ask me what is it like there in Wisconsin and I would describe it as think of the most beautiful agrarian painting or photo you have seen and that is Wisconsin. The dairy farms are absolutely immaculate and the black soil left by the glaciers grow crops that we can hardly imagine in the deep south.

I have often thought of what life on a Swedish dairy farm would have been like in the 1800's. The farms still dot the countryside in the largely rural state but obviously many are diverting away dairy. Cheese making and food processing is still a major industry throughout the state.

You can appreciate that the population is largely made up of Polish, German and Scandinavian immigrants. I always found them to be generally sociable, friendly and welcoming.

The social "caste" system that exist in the deep south hardly exist there at all and the overall quality of life is outstanding.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I have often described Madison around the campus as very European. It is beautiful to walk along the lake on a snowy day and stop at one of the many coffee shops and bakeries in the area around the campus.

People would often ask me what is it like there in Wisconsin and I would describe it as think of the most beautiful agrarian painting or photo you have seen and that is Wisconsin. The dairy farms are absolutely immaculate and the black soil left by the glaciers grow crops that we can hardly imagine in the deep south.

I have often thought of what life on a Swedish dairy farm would have been like in the 1800's. The farms still dot the countryside in the largely rural state but obviously many are diverting away dairy. Cheese making and food processing is still a major industry throughout the state.

You can appreciate that the population is largely made up of Polish, German and Scandinavian immigrants. I always found them to be generally sociable, friendly and welcoming.

The social "caste" system that exist in the deep south hardly exist there at all and the overall quality of life is outstanding.
That sounds like a place I would like to visit. Maybe I can round up some old college buds and make a three or four day trip out of it.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Did you ever visit The House on the Rock?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I own a share of the Packers. They have a shareholders meeting every year at Lambeau. I am going to try to go up there next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I am definitely intrigued with the idea of going to this game. I have visited every state in this Union except Wisconsin, North Dakota, Oregon, and Idaho. This will be a chance to scratch one off the list.
A colleague who used to work in Madison said that Wisconsin farmers send their sons and daughters to Madison to let their hair down a bit. He said Madison is like no other town in Wisconsin. If so, then it follows a pattern like that of Kansas. Lawrence/Douglas County is a bit different than just about every other place in Kansas.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am definitely intrigued with the idea of going to this game. I have visited every state in this Union except Wisconsin, North Dakota, Oregon, and Idaho. This will be a chance to scratch one off the list.
A colleague who used to work in Madison said that Wisconsin farmers send their sons and daughters to Madison to let their hair down a bit. He said Madison is like no other town in Wisconsin. If so, then it follows a pattern like that of Kansas. Lawrence/Douglas County is a bit different than just about every other place in Kansas.
Madison is definitely Party Town USA. Its probably one of the best college town in America. Green Bay is basically a small town that has a NFL team in it. Milwaukee is your typical mid American metro. Wisconsin as a state is probably one of the most beautiful in the continental US.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Madison is definitely Party Town USA. Its probably one of the best college town in America. Green Bay is basically a small town that has a NFL team in it. Milwaukee is your typical mid American metro. Wisconsin as a state is probably one of the most beautiful in the continental US.
Agreed.

Granted, I only drove from Grantsburg to Hurley (crossing into Ironwood, MI) back to Superior.

Hurley - in typical Griswold fashion - has the "world's largest corkscrew" (I'm serious, look it up).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
North Dakota is just there, Idaho is beautiful on the drive from Salt Lake City to Twin Falls, and Oregon is a mixture of stuff like Crater Lake with stuff like Portland and Eugene.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If we start scheduling like the 1980s again, don't get mad when our record looks like it did in the 1980s, either.

2 shared SEC titles
0 national championships
0 weeks at #1 after the poll of October 28, 1980.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If we start scheduling like the 1980s again, don't get mad when our record looks like it did in the 1980s, either.

2 shared SEC titles
0 national championships
0 weeks at #1 after the poll of October 28, 1980.
It won't be if we maintain the Nick Saban talent levels, and replace him with a competent HC when he retires. But that is, quite honestly, a long shot. But at least everyone that hated the neutral site games will be happy.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Austin Peay added for 2022.
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/10/alabama-finalizes-2022-football-schedule.html

Updated future OOC schedules thus far:
("Marquee" opponents bolded)

Sept. 5 -- USC (at Arlington, Texas)
Sept. 12 -- Georgia State
Sept. 26 -- Kent State
Nov. 14 -- UT-Martin

Sept. 4 -- Miami (at Atlanta)
Sept. 25 -- Southern Miss
TBD -- Mercer
Nov. 13 -- New Mexico St.

Sept. 3 -- Utah State
Sept. 10 -- at Texas
Sept. 17 -- La-Monroe
Nov. 19 -- Austin Peay

Sept. 2 -- Central Michigan
Sept. 9 -- Texas
Sept. 16 -- at South Florida
TBD -- Western Kentucky

Aug. 31 -- Western Kentucky
Sept. 7 -- South Florida
Sept. 14 -- at Wisconsin
TBD

Aug. 30 -- at Florida St
Sept. 6 -- La-Monroe
Sept. 13 -- Wisconsin
TBD

Sept. 5 -- at West Virginia
Sept. 12 -- South Florida
Sept. 19 -- Florida St
TBD

Sept. 4 -- West Virginia
TBD
TBD
TBD

Sept. 2 -- at Notre Dame
TBD
TBD
TBD

Sept. 1 -- Notre Dame
TBD
TBD
TBD

Aug. 31 - at Georgia Tech
TBD
TBD
TBD

Aug. 30 - Georgia Tech
TBD
TBD
TBD

Sept. 11 -- at Oklahoma
TBD
TBD
TBD

Sept. 10 -- Oklahoma
TBD
TBD
TBD

Sept. 2 -- at Virginia Tech
TBD
TBD
TBD

Sept. 1 -- Virginia Tech
TBD
TBD
TBD

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
It won't be if we maintain the Nick Saban talent levels, and replace him with a competent HC when he retires. But that is, quite honestly, a long shot. But at least everyone that hated the neutral site games will be happy.
I’ll never understand the nitpicking over the neutral site games of the past 10 years. We all love H/H’s but the one-time neutral site games were a huge springboard to great success over the last decade and featured some really good matchups.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I’ll never understand the nitpicking over the neutral site games of the past 10 years. We all love H/H’s but the one-time neutral site games were a huge springboard to great success over the last decade and featured some really good matchups.
Agree wholeheartedly. IMO, one reason some don't like them is that Bama kind of popularized them, also, they want to get Bama in a visiting stadium where the home team will have a greater opportunity to win. That was part of AU's rationale, though money was the primary driver.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.