Alabama is a 5.5 point underdog

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Bama could win this game. UGA is essentially a slightly better version of its 2020 self and Bama beat that team by 17.

If the defense plays like they’re capable (and UGA is more AU/LSU than UF/Arky/TAMU on offense) and the offense can pass protect just a little then Bama has a good chance. Not sure those both happen, but this UGA team isn’t an all timer. They have a solid team that was born into a weird SEC and national season. What great offense have they stopped? None. Why? There *are* no great offenses nor are there any great teams. They may go 15-0 but they’re not going to beat anyone alone the way that was a great team.
Sir, step away from the keyboard and tell us what you have done with the real @CoachJeff . ;) :D :D ::D

Should I be concerned or consoled that some of the usual Eeyore's are suddenly optimistic?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Both teams have pretty killer run defenses. Trying to establish a run game up the middle will mostly be a waste of time.

bama needs to come out with quick screens to their star receivers in my opinion. Let Bryce get the ball out quick. A run up the middle or dropping back in the pocket at the beginning of the game will most likely be unsuccessful
Not screens. Slants. Work the middle. And run Billingsly and Latu on out routes out of the same formation.

bunched up WR on one side. Split out RB in the other direction. If it’s Sanders he pulls a LB out. If it’s Leary it would have to be a DB.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
My biggest concern going into this game is that the team hasn't solved any of its major issues yet and I don't see them suddenly figuring these things out in a championship game against the #1 team.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
They have given up 83 points in 12 games. 83. Alabama has given up 239 points. I don't care who they have played - that is a HUGE difference.

If the Alabama defense that played Auburn shows up, Alabama has a chance. But if the defense that played Arkansas shows up?

That is the problem with this team - it is like a box of chocolates.
Do you think the 60yrds/ game more for the Bama D is the difference in the 2 TD’s / game more Bama has given up? I don’t. Then what could it be? at critical times Bama has made mistakes/penalties. Situational football. I get you are who you are at this point of the season, but third down conversion percentage is a dead heat, rushing defense is a dead heat, passing defense a little advantage to Georgia , turnover margin a little advantage Alabama. The big difference is penalties. And 4th down conversion percentage. Georgia isn’t great at 4th down conversion, but Alabama is about the worst in the country. That stat makes no sense given how stout they are against the run. Again, situational football.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
the biggest rest was just this last week. Georgia got to relax and prepare for alabama while bama had to prepare for auburn and had a physical game where im sure there are some injuries
Not screens. Slants. Work the middle. And run Billingsly and Latu on out routes out of the same formation.

bunched up WR on one side. Split out RB in the other direction. If it’s Sanders he pulls a LB out. If it’s Leary it would have to be a DB.

It is my opinion that in order for alabama to be successful they need to spread out this defense before they begin working the middle. Slants will allow for the linebackers to stay in tight. Work quick immediate release screens to the outside and when linebackers being spreading out then hit slants over the middle

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Do you think the 60yrds/ game more for the Bama D is the difference in the 2 TD’s / game more Bama has given up? I don’t. Then what could it be? at critical times Bama has made mistakes/penalties. Situational football. I get you are who you are at this point of the season, but third down conversion percentage is a dead heat, rushing defense is a dead heat, passing defense a little advantage to Georgia , turnover margin a little advantage Alabama. The big difference is penalties. And 4th down conversion percentage. Georgia isn’t great at 4th down conversion, but Alabama is about the worst in the country. That stat makes no sense given how stout they are against the run. Again, situational football.
all of the yardage and points for Georgia have been given up in the 4th quarter primarily when no starter is playing. Georgia has only given up 29 points in the first half over 12 games. An average of 2.4 points per game in the first half. Georgia has given up just 2 first half touchdowns all season and has held 6 of 12 opponents scoreless in the first half.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Well, Arkansas was only 1 week ago. They looked good yesterday against an average offense with a one-legged back-up QB.
Reading your history shows that you’re not the most positive Bama fan…
Our D played lights out yesterday,that’s as close to now as any game we’ve had…
If they can match that well be in pretty good shape. Have a positive evening…RTR!😎

Reactions: Jay Hughes

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If they can match that well be in pretty good shape. Have a positive evening…RTR!😎
Georgia has jumped on teams early. I’d we can get to 1/2 allowing 17 or less, we have a strong shot

I believe our defense is up to the task. If Stetson Bennett is as good as KJ then we can worry.

I’m not worried :)

Reactions: The Ols

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
Why would you bother reading my history? I said they played fine on Saturday. Are you suggesting that the defense has been playing consistently good this season (or the past 3 seasons)? You've got an awful lot of time time on your hands to check my posting history. I've been reading this board for years and posting or commenting every now and then & I've seen a lot more negative posters than I am. Mostly I just give a thumbs up to what I agree with. I am positive about a couple of things: the offense has had problems this year, the defense has had problems for longer than this year.

Reactions: dathbama

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Why would you bother reading my history? I said they played fine on Saturday. Are you suggesting that the defense has been playing consistently good this season (or the past 3 seasons)? You've got an awful lot of time time on your hands to check my posting history. I've been reading this board for years and posting or commenting every now and then & I've seen a lot more negative posters than I am. Mostly I just give a thumbs up to what I agree with. I am positive about a couple of things: the offense has had problems this year, the defense has had problems for longer than this year.
Thank you for proving my point…
Your history is literally 2 clicks away…and a lot like this post…it also helps to understand who I’m reading, and if it’s worth continuing the conversation.
On to Ga….
Roll Tide!!!

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX

Kirby runs the same defense that we do. It would still be a LB if Leary is playing RB

Reactions: CajunCrimson

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I definitely think we have a puncher's chance in this game, but to me it really comes down to our O-line. If they block as poorly as they did Saturday, it won't really matter what BoB calls, and I'll fear for Bryce's safety.

Reactions: dathbama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.