Alabama is a 5.5 point underdog

davidjanet

Dec 17, 2012
I figured we would be a touchdown underdog to Georgia. I'm thinking if we can score at least 30 points we should win, but I see Georgia being aggressive on defense, especially our right side. I think we will have to get quick passes and swing passes to the Robinson or Sanders. Be interested in others opinions.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I have to be honest. I wouldn't be putting money on Alabama if I was a gambling man.

Alabama basically has to play their best game of the year on offense and defense and I'm not sure I trust the coaches to make the in-game changes necessary.

If you do that Alabama has a chance. Looking at mutual opponents paints a pretty ugly picture.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have to be honest. I wouldn't be putting money on Alabama if I was a gambling man.

Alabama basically has to play their best game of the year on offense and defense and I'm not sure I trust the coaches to make the in-game changes necessary.

If you do that Alabama has a chance. Looking at mutual opponents paints a pretty ugly picture.
Mutual opponents tells less than what people think. Matchups decide games and so does a good week in practice.

I don’t trust BoB but I do trust our defense to keep us in it.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Mutual opponents tells less than what people think. Matchups decide games and so does a good week in practice.

I don’t trust BoB but I do trust our defense to keep us in it.
You've always trusted the defense more than I, but it's good until it isn't and then Alabama loses. Alabama would be in the playoff now if the defense was up to par the whole time. So I don't trust them either...

They have had a couple good outings but they also had Florida, A&M and Arkansas.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Bama will be in the Hunter role for a change. Those fellas found something internal yesterday.

the young guns are getting playing time. This is going to build over the next week.

I think they will come out blazing against the Dawgs

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
If Georgia makes any unusual for them mistakes, we can this. But if they play a largely error free game, they should take it. It’s interesting to me that Vaega thinks this will be a one score game.

Reactions: The Ols

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You've always trusted the defense more than I, but it's good until it isn't and then Alabama loses. Alabama would be in the playoff now if the defense was up to par the whole time. So I don't trust them either...
1)Well I don’t know what out of this year makes you keep saying that “if the defense” when BoB has been far far far worse than Golding about forcing shootouts and close games. But if that’s your opinion then nothing I say is going to change it so enough of this debate for now because we aren’t changing each other’s opinion on it so…

2) What gives me confidence in our defense vs Georgia is that it’s practically the same matchup as last year minus Barrymore and Harris. Golding called one of his best games and we made Bennett’s life a living hell. Georgia may have improved but it’s still a system that favors us. They don’t run anything complex. So we are likely leaving them anywhere from 20-27 points at most.

The big question is if we can score that much ourselves. We have the potential but we have the worst offensive play caller in the Saban era in the booth who hasn’t proved capable of adjusting in game. I fear that we are going to run right, run center, and play action and be down 10-17 before we finally have someone slap BoB across the head to stop it. Georgia is vulnerable in the secondary and to Mobile quarterbacks. Guess what we have? And guess what O’Brien doesn’t see?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.