Alabama is a 5.5 point underdog

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It is my opinion that in order for alabama to be successful they need to spread out this defense before they begin working the middle. Slants will allow for the linebackers to stay in tight. Work quick immediate release screens to the outside and when linebackers being spreading out then hit slants over the middle
well, that’s not who this team is. They don’t have the developed receiver talent to spread teams out. Bama doesn’t throw slants for the same reason Georgia doesn’t. Short QB. They don’t throw screens because all the dynamic backs are hurt. This isn’t 2019, 2020 Bama.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I read an article on ESPN using advanced metrics , adjusted EPA , that said Georgia would have an easier path to the NC if Bama were in the playoffs. It ranted on about this team and that team, but finished with Michigan, Cincy and okie lite are the only playoff potential schools in the top ten in adjusted defensive EPA . I had to look that up, because who could the other schools be? Well, Bama is #1 against the run, but 68 vs the pass. 6-5 Toledo was #8 and San Diego St was #6. This is where stats lie. Few of those teams had to play Miss St, or Ole Miss or were up big in the first half the first part of the season. Don’t get me wrong, Our pass defense hasn't been great, but I highly doubt there are 20 , much less 67 pass defenses better than ours.

Last edited:

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I believe this is a true outlier situation.

If Saban is able to impose the 24-hour rule and turn the focus today to Georgia; if the young guys gained confidence and maturity from the Auburn win; if it dawns on the team that this game opens the door to a national championship opportunity; if the players are believing in their teammates to carry out assignments; if the focus will eliminate dropped passes and illegal procedure penalties; if Bama gets a little bit of luck and the officials don't try to impose their will; if the QB plays within himself and throws the ball away when necessary; if we have 2 running backs; AND the whiny portal guys are gone of the locker room;

Bama has a shot :)

Reactions: seebell

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
Both O & D are ranked in the top10 in all of FBS, no other team can say that.

Bama may as well not even show up Saturday.
Look, I think Bama is going to win as long as offensive line and defense play well & may win even if they don't. I understand where O & D rank but (in my opinion) we're lucky that BY hasn't been injured with the porous OL and, regardless of ranking, would you agree that the D has been less than stellar? As someone else on here said, it's been like Jekyll & Hyde. I would just like to see some consistency, that's all. Sorry if that rubs some the wrong way. RTR!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Football is a strange game and picking winners and losers, when comparable teams play, is a crap shoot. In these situations it depends on which team shows up, which teams are peaking, and which teams are struggling. Can the Alabama team this Saturday replicate its performance against MSU or Miami or will it resemble the Alabama team we saw last Saturday and the Saturday before, who knows, but it is no secret that Alabama is struggling while Georgia is peaking. Do we have a chance, yes, but there is absolutely no margin for error.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Football is a strange game and picking winners and losers, when comparable teams play, is a crap shoot. In these situations it depends on which team shows up, which teams are peaking, and which teams are struggling. Can the Alabama team this Saturday replicate its performance against MSU or Miami or will it resemble the Alabama team we saw last Saturday and the Saturday before, who knows, but it is no secret that Alabama is struggling while Georgia is peaking. Do we have a chance, yes, but there is absolutely no margin for error.
i wanted us to decimate auburn. but i've thought most of the season that our best scenario would be to limp into the seccg against a "flawless" jawjuh. it may be wishful thinking, but even with all of our flaws this season, we have been able to see that this team does have a lot of chemistry and fire to go with that top notch talent and i think we will see that manifest itself, win or lose, in spades this saturday

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Look, I think Bama is going to win as long as offensive line and defense play well & may win even if they don't. I understand where O & D rank but (in my opinion) we're lucky that BY hasn't been injured with the porous OL and, regardless of ranking, would you agree that the D has been less than stellar? As someone else on here said, it's been like Jekyll & Hyde. I would just like to see some consistency, that's all. Sorry if that rubs some the wrong way. RTR!
We cannot really expect our OL to play well. They are who they are. BOB needs to realize this and adjust play calling. That will be our chance to beat UGA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.