Alabama is hiring Eric Wolford as offensive line coach per ESPN

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Except is there a single O-lineman who'd make the team at Alabama?

That's a fair question.

The greatest coach in the world cannot accomplish the greatest things with second-level talent.
I’m just trying to digest the “negative” of this stat tweet. At their worst this Kentucky line averaged high enough yards before contact on 3 out of 4 run plays to place them in the top 2 of the SEC in that category. 26% of their plays had contact in the backfield (essentially bringing the average down), but the other 74% of the plays averaged enough positive yards before contact to not only erase the negative, but push them into the top two of the conference. Is this even a negative? I guess maybe I’d like to know what the average yards before contact is.

UAinAthens

Scout Team
Jul 5, 2001
gmail.com
Also bear in mind that the entire scheme matters as much as talent. UK has had minimal passing game the past few years, so defenses have no respect for that part of the offense, and he still has good stats. Probably had to face a lot of run blitzes as well, which would account for behind the line contact.

jasongilbert69

1st Team
Oct 11, 2019
Coleman Hutzler, Travaris Robinson, and Eric Wolford - were all together under Will Muschamp at South Carolina. Is this a clue on where we are going with OC?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Coleman Hutzler, Travaris Robinson, and Eric Wolford - were all together under Will Muschamp at South Carolina. Is this a clue on where we are going with OC?
When he was at SC in 2020, This is the coaching staff:

Bobby Bentley Running Backs Coach
Mike Bobo Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach
Joe Cox Tight Ends Coach
Kyle Krantz Special Teams Coordinator/Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
Bryan McClendon Wide Receivers Coach
Mike Peterson Outside Linebackers Coach
Travaris Robinson Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs Coach
Tracy Rocker Defensive Line Coach
Rod Wilson Linebackers Coach
Eric Wolford Offensive Line Coach

Florida:
He had Charlie Weis as OC. he's now at Ole Miss. So there is nobody from his staff at SC or Florida worth a look to take over OC.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Personally that sort of scares me!
I haven't seen a team that really performed well in any grouping, 'O' - 'D' - ST -, while Muschamp was the HC!
Of course one could apply that problem to recruiting!

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
When he was at SC in 2020, This is the coaching staff:

Bobby Bentley Running Backs Coach
Mike Bobo Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach
Joe Cox Tight Ends Coach
Kyle Krantz Special Teams Coordinator/Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
Bryan McClendon Wide Receivers Coach
Mike Peterson Outside Linebackers Coach
Travaris Robinson Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs Coach
Tracy Rocker Defensive Line Coach
Rod Wilson Linebackers Coach
Eric Wolford Offensive Line Coach

Florida:
He had Charlie Weis as OC. he's now at Ole Miss. So there is nobody from his staff at SC or Florida worth a look to take over OC.
Hard pass on Bobo.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Im willing to be those plays that resultedin contact behind the LOS were instances the QB misread the RPO which may not have been the OL fault.

I’m just trying to digest the “negative” of this stat tweet. At their worst this Kentucky line averaged high enough yards before contact on 3 out of 4 run plays to place them in the top 2 of the SEC in that category. 26% of their plays had contact in the backfield (essentially bringing the average down), but the other 74% of the plays averaged enough positive yards before contact to not only erase the negative, but push them into the top two of the conference. Is this even a negative? I guess maybe I’d like to know what the average yards before contact is.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
If this coaches name is not Bob or BOB in O'brians case,I think we'll be ok. I think once a coach gets a taste of being the head coach esp with nfl money it's hard to go back to college and be excited about being a position coach, and we've seen the results, I think we'll be improved next season.

Reactions: Bama75&80

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Im willing to be those plays that resultedin contact behind the LOS were instances the QB misread the RPO which may not have been the OL fault.
I don't recall UK running many RPOs, but I could be wrong

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.