Alabama is Legit - Growing NC Contender Talk

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The pressure is building with every win and the talk of a 1 seed is just going to be more frequent and louder. I believe I heard Oats refer to a 1 seed in talking to the media. I hope he learned a lot last season about how to handle the team in regards to the pressure and expectations. Seems when the talk of a 1 or 2 seed started last season is when the team started to fall apart.
This group is special and if they’ll take it one practice, one possession, one game at a time, they will write their name in crimson flame and be the standard all other Bama basketball teams will be compared to.
I sure as crap want to discuss with my team what lies ahead if we continue the course. Confidence goes a long way. I don’t want to “hope” we win I want them to expect it. In my young days when Alabama ran out of the tunnel it was “The Alabama Crimson Tide.” Now with the light show and 6 recent National Championships it’s “This is Alabama Football.” I’m looking for “This is Alabama Basketball .” RTR

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Bama should be #1 when the rankings are released today. Will probably be #2 though. I contribute some of that to Purdue's proximity to the NZAA headquarters.

I watched part of the Purdue-Maryland game yesterday. Didn't see anything that stood out as them being a team that could hang with Bama's skill, speed and depth. I don't think they could slow the game to their advantage either. Still a lotta B-Ball left but I like where this team is especially dealing with the recent distraction(s).

Reactions: TideEngineer08

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
This ain't last year's team. Not even close.
Last year's team couldn't clean this teams locker room.
It is clear that this team is focused and unselfish and has a mental toughness about themselves.
He said a couple of years ago. He's talking about the 2020/2021 team.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's not like we came out of nowhere to be this team. Most had us top 5 in the SEC preseason, but this team has surpassed expectations at this point in the season.

Now, Bama is no secret. Teams all around the country know. We'll get everybody's best shot.

And the crazy thing is, I think we can absorb those shots.

I'm not predicting winning out from here, but it's hard to imagine this team dropping more than a game or two at most before March madness.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Right now what has my focus is the SEC. If this team continues to play with this kind of focus, we are about to be 12-0 in the SEC and 22-2 overall when we head to Auburn on Feb. 11 followed up with a game in Knoxville. If we emerge from that 23-3 (and I prefer beating UT since we get AU again in Tuscaloosa in March) then Katy bar the door.

I think a 1 seed is realistic, although I know it really doesn't matter in the long run. If we can finish the regular season 28-3, Wow. But I know, I know. One game at a time.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Right now what has my focus is the SEC. If this team continues to play with this kind of focus, we are about to be 12-0 in the SEC and 22-2 overall when we head to Auburn on Feb. 11 followed up with a game in Knoxville. If we emerge from that 23-3 (and I prefer beating UT since we get AU again in Tuscaloosa in March) then Katy bar the door.

I think a 1 seed is realistic, although I know it really doesn't matter in the long run. If we can finish the regular season 28-3, Wow. But I know, I know. One game at a time.
I like how we match up with Auburn, actually. They are playing well, but I think we'd have to give them help.

That game @ UT is going to be a tough one!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I like how we match up with Auburn, actually. They are playing well, but I think we'd have to give them help.

I have not watched AU at all this year. From what I've seen of UT, their defense is legit but their offense is way too off and on. Catch them on an good night and they are liable to beat you by 20. Catch them on an off night and while you may not get out of the 60s, you can win.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
See lots of Bama fans getting bent out of shape about this #1 ranking. There’s only one #1 I’m concerned about and there’s four of them 😉- with one of these being the big one….pun intended

Reactions: DrJJoyner

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
See lots of Bama fans getting bent out of shape about this #1 ranking. There’s only one #1 I’m concerned about and there’s four of them 😉- with one of these being the big one….pun intended
I agree, we can't lose track of what's important. Its a cool to be ranked so high but it only matters if a team finishes at number one. They great thing is, they have a great chance of doing so if they stay focused on the things that have got them here thus far.

The challenge going forward is, every game is going to be like playing in the tournament because every team will give us their best game.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I just can’t see UT scoring over 70 vs our D
And I can’t see them holding us under 70.
Auburn scares me at their place. Because at their place is like playing at a teenage rave. It’s one big box of inferior immature emotion. And it’s hard to overcome.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I agree, we can't lose track of what's important. Its a cool to be ranked so high but it only matters if a team finishes at number one. They great thing is, they have a great chance of doing so if they stay focused on the things that have got them here thus far.

The challenge going forward is, every game is going to be like playing in the tournament because every team will give us their best game.
you know? I don’t know if that’s a given anymore. I am hoping that some teams will pack it up after the NCAA Tourney is out of reach. I’m hoping we get at least a couple teams that just mail it in.

mostly because our guys will need some non-emotional games because it’s a long season for freshmen.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Auburn scares me at their place. Because at their place is like playing at a teenage rave. It’s one big box of inferior immature emotion. And it’s hard to overcome.
Shirtless has definitely got them going well. I think the smaller venue design helps too. I look for our new facility to follow suit.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Ut's defense is really good if we score over 70 we will win no matter how hot they are it depends on us

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.