Alabama officially approves Nick Saban's contract extension through 2028

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
“Terry and I are pleased and happy to sign another contract extension that will keep us in Tuscaloosa through the end of our career,” Saban said in a statement released by Alabama athletics in June. “Our family calls Tuscaloosa and the state of Alabama home, it’s a place where our roots now run deep. This agreement gives us the chance to continue to impact the lives of the young men and their families who choose to play football and get an education at Alabama."

I especially like the bolded sentence above. RTR!

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
“Terry and I are pleased and happy to sign another contract extension that will keep us in Tuscaloosa through the end of our career,” Saban said in a statement released by Alabama athletics in June.

So do we read into this and say that Coach Saban plans to retire in 2028?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
“Terry and I are pleased and happy to sign another contract extension that will keep us in Tuscaloosa through the end of our career,” Saban said in a statement released by Alabama athletics in June.

So do we read into this and say that Coach Saban plans to retire in 2028?
I'm 99% sure he said that the last time he signed an extension. I don't think it indicates when he's retiring, just that he's retiring in Tuscaloosa.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Must be a slow news day. I thought that this had been agreed upon months ago. Is this news again just because he actually signed the papers? There was certainly no doubt in my mind he was going to sign it.

Reactions: colbysullivan

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I expect CNS to coach several more years (as his health allows). He always talks about being a part of a team and watching the ducks at the lake doesn't seem to appeal to him.

However, I'm already dreading the time when we have to name a new coach. I dread it for our fan base. If you remember UA replacing (wrong word cause you don't replace CPB or CNS) Coach Bryant then multiply that by a billion and that's what it'll be like in the age of the internet and social media. Whew...makes me tired to even think of it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.