Alabama outside linebacker King Mwikuta enters NCAA transfer portal

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
I don't blame him. This could be the best group of LBs in college football history.

To take it a step further, it isn't outrageous to suggest that our 4 2nd team LBs would be a top 5 unit in all of college football.

Jmo

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: bamamc1

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Ikner (defensive lineman) has also entered the portal. I have to admit, I was not familiar with him. He transferred from a Junior College and then got no playing time last year. I just don't remember seeing him on the roster. Best of luck to him. Based on numbers, I think 1 more may need to transfer? Tomorrow is the deadline, I think, to let the coaches know/put name in the portal.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Ikner (defensive lineman) has also entered the portal. I have to admit, I was not familiar with him. He transferred from a Junior College and then got no playing time last year. I just don't remember seeing him on the roster. Best of luck to him. Based on numbers, I think 1 more may need to transfer? Tomorrow is the deadline, I think, to let the coaches know/put name in the portal.
He was a walk on. Same situation as Josh Lanier, you come to Alabama for the experience and coaching and then try and make a team your final year.

Reactions: Con

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
You could probably build a top 5 team if the building blocks were simply players that we’ve had transfer out the last couple of years. This kid was considered elite when he got here, and it just shows how high the level of prime talent is inside our program right now.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
You could probably build a top 5 team if the building blocks were simply players that we’ve had transfer out the last couple of years. This kid was considered elite when he got here, and it just shows how high the level of prime talent is inside our program right now.
Probably a lot going on behind the scenes...including paring down scholarship players to make the numbers work. I really don't think the 158th ranked player and #9 at his position is elite...above average, yes...elite, no.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Probably a lot going on behind the scenes...including paring down scholarship players to make the numbers work. I really don't think the 158th ranked player and #9 at his position is elite...above average, yes...elite, no.
Elite or above average is probably splitting hairs(though top 10 at the position is pretty high up I think) and likely depends on opinions and who you talk to—let’s suffice it to say that he was good enough to get a scholarship offer from Saban. That alone is good enough to tell me how good he is or has the potential to be. Hopefully he’ll land on his feet somewhere.

Reactions: seebell

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Elite or above average is probably splitting hairs(though top 10 at the position is pretty high up I think) and likely depends on opinions and who you talk to—let’s suffice it to say that he was good enough to get a scholarship offer from Saban. That alone is good enough to tell me how good he is or has the potential to be. Hopefully he’ll land on his feet somewhere.
In all probability he will land where he can play...and probably start. Who knows what will happen after that? I will agree with you to the extent that when a young man comes in with this "rating" and doesn't sniff significant playing time, it's rarely physical talent/ability. He's probably talented enough to play...but as we have seen if you don't go 100% and don't know your responsibilities, then you rarely see the field. Even Derrick Henry had to learn to pass block and whom to block.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Traded to the portal for a player to be signed later. Ah progress. I miss the good ole days when it was pretty easy to keep up w the players.
Me too. It has turned the recruiting numbers upside down. I wish some site, like 27/7 would update he rankings every August because I cannot keep up with it either.

Reactions: seebell

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Ikner (defensive lineman) has also entered the portal. I have to admit, I was not familiar with him. He transferred from a Junior College and then got no playing time last year. I just don't remember seeing him on the roster. Best of luck to him.
I don't know if it's come up on the board before now, but I wonder if he's kin to Lou Ikner. For the youngsters, Lou had a great punt return against Penn State in the '79 Sugar Bowl.

Reactions: Rush

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I don't know if it's come up on the board before now, but I wonder if he's kin to Lou Ikner. For the youngsters, Lou had a great punt return against Penn State in the '79 Sugar Bowl.
Little Lou Ikner was a favorite of Coach Bryant. Lou and LT could well be kin. Hometowns are not too far apart (Atmore and Daphne).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.