Alabama schedules Tennessee for Homecoming

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
A few other things to note:

August 6 is the start of fall camp, which is when I personally mark the start of football.

There are several championship teams being honored during the year:
1961 National Champs.

1971 SEC Champs -- Hard to believe it's 50 years since I was pacing back and forth in my room listening to John Forney on the radio broadcast of the Alabama-USC unveiling of the wishbone.

1981 SEC Champs -- Harder to believe it's been 40 years since I graduated.

2011 National Champs.

Take a look at when the 2011 National champs are being honored -- November 6 vs. LSU.

I think that timing is just random happenstance, don't you? What goes around comes around, O.
Seems like we have a lot of success in years ending in a "1". I think that's fitting. We weren't much to look at in '51, from my understanding. 1991 was a bit of a turnaround year, and that's when we got the ball rolling for the success we had in 92-94. Let's not talk about 2001, except to say, I didn't think we'd win as many games as we did, with all the noise around the program. And, yeah, "O" is gonna have a lot of long suffering years ahead of him, against Alabama, after what happened in '19. His trip back to B-D this fall is going to be rough.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The thing about 2001, when you look at it in context against what we were coming from in 2000, it was a really good year. Never forget that beatdown we administered to Auburn down on the Plains.

So I like this "years ending in 1 thing." Good omen.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The thing about 2001, when you look at it in context against what we were coming from in 2000, it was a really good year. Never forget that beatdown we administered to Auburn down on the Plains.

So I like this "years ending in 1 thing." Good omen.
I'll never forget that 2001 Iron Bowl because it felt like the only time I ever saw Alabama pull off a true upset in the game.

AU was 7-2 and ranked 17th in the Country and appeared to be headed towards winning the West.

Bama was 5-5 and 2-4 in their last 6 games and appeared to be heading nowhere.

Then they went in Voodoo Stadium of all places and absolutely dominated 31-7 led by Santonio Beard and Ahmaad Galloway combining to Rush for 328 Yards with both guys going over 125+ Yards each.

I was absolutely shocked.... not so much that we had won (though that was a bit surprising)....but by how it happened.

Last edited:

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
I don't like calling Tennessee cupcakes. I actually like cupcakes and there delicious. Tennessee is not. I think I prefer "Punching Bag" instead of cupcake when it comes to Tennessee.
Tennessee is a fallen giant like Michigan. Once a mighty power, felled by hubris; the most damage they can do now is to merely weaken their opponents strength of schedule.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
The folks in Knoxville best hope their team isn’t a “cupcake”. They would then be in danger of the head coach eating his own team.

From Josh Heupel presser today. Geez, guy looks like he just woke up from a two hour power nap after destroying the buffet at the local Golden Corral.
View attachment 18447
Thanks for the tip (Golden Corral). I best go buy a ton of it now!!!

• Haha
Reactions: CB4 and dathbama

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.