Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i guess mo jack works on some level ;)
To illustrate our relationship, I went to one of my infrequent monthly bar association lunch meetings and he had just won his seat. With many seats open, he made a beeline for the one across from me, so I'd have to look at him for an hour. Afterwards, the attorney I share an office with, sitting beside me, said "I didn't know you two were friends." I just said "We're not"...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
To illustrate our relationship, I went to one of my infrequent monthly bar association lunch meetings and he had just won his seat. With many seats open, he made a beeline for the one across from me, so I'd have to look at him for an hour. Afterwards, the attorney I share an office with, sitting beside me, said "I didn't know you two were friends." I just said "We're not"...
Just skimmed his Wikipedia article. Seems he was a long time Madison County politician. Guess you were never a fan.

Wiki also said he was rated the most partisan House member in 2018. Given that his district is probably the least conservative in the state (not counting Sewel’s), maybe the Democrats can capture it in 2020.

God help us if he gets Jones’ Senate seat. I doubt Jones can win, but I will support the least offensive Republican in the primary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The Democrats’ anti-hate resolution struck me as grandstanding, but it did get wide bi-partisan support.

However, 23 Republicans did vote against it. Two of them are from Alabama, Mo Brooks and Mike Rogers.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...ho-voted-against-the-anti-hate-resolution?amp
I agree. I don't see why the House is wasting time on this. I'm not an expert on how Congress works so I'm asking anyone who has a good understanding of the processes, what does this resolution accomplish?

I'd probably vote against it as well. Making up a list of specific groups while excluding others except for last part of the list: "...immigrants and others". We already have laws in place for this and if something is missing, work on the law.

It also seems silly to worry about condemning specific remarks from specific individuals.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just skimmed his Wikipedia article. Seems he was a long time Madison County politician. Guess you were never a fan.

Wiki also said he was rated the most partisan House member in 2018. Given that his district is probably the least conservative in the state (not counting Sewel’s), maybe the Democrats can capture it in 2020.

God help us if he gets Jones’ Senate seat. I doubt Jones can win, but I will support the least offensive Republican in the primary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HSV leans conservative, as you'd expect from the military-industrial complex here. However, it's accurate to say that it's the least conservative district in the state, excluding, of course, the black belt and Birmingham districts. He's always seemed like a mismatch to me. And, yes, we have a history...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Will they let me send what I owe the state to the wall fund, too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.