Alabama vs. LSU predictions and thoughts

Saint&Sinner

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
To determine how high the score goes you’d have to know how well our backups will gash / shut them down. If the backups are effective it will get really ugly.

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
I know this is not a ”normal” year with COVID and all, but I don’t think I’d ever see ticket prices for this game as low as they are...below $60 and still falling. Heck, if the weather was a bit warmer and being only an hour away I’d consider going! 😀

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
56-0 Bama! There is a reason and a goal to meet.

"LSU suffered its worst loss in program history, 58-3 to Florida at home October 9, 1993."

Last edited:

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Don't forget this is 2020. LSU will try to injure anyone they can. Let's just win and get out of there injury free.
Yank the starters after 1H and let everyone get reps. If they do that, it will end up as Bama up 29.5 as Vegas says. If they go pedal to the floor and RUTS it would be higher but that brings risk.

Reactions: TriCountyTider

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Don't forget this is 2020. LSU will try to injure anyone they can. Let's just win and get out of there injury free.
Yeah, I have been thinking the same. Their season is done, so I wouldn't put it past the Who's to try to hurt our guys. Their coach has no class, and that rubs off on their players. Won't be surprised at all to see them playing dirty.

Reactions: tideindc

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
LSU plays lot of man to man coverage... so there is a chance that we'll see Mac Slinging the ball down the field often. LSU does not have personnel to do zone coverages and so I think Smitty, Mac and Harris will have huge night again. Since this is prediction thread, I"ll drop this:
Mac Jones 489 yards 4 touchdowns
Najee Harris 145 yards with 2 touchdown.
Smitty catches for 150 yards with 2 touchdowns.
Defense will have 1-2 interceptions.
we'll see forced fumbles.
We'll see O screaming at his players.

Scores: 55-15 Alabama.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yeah, I have been thinking the same. Their season is done, so I wouldn't put it past the Who's to try to hurt our guys. Their coach has no class, and that rubs off on their players. Won't be surprised at all to see them playing dirty.
I hate to say it but I wouldn`t be surprised if they go for knees....and heads....and every other part of the body, particularly if it gets out of hand. A main reason to get the starters out ASAP.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Bama 41
LSU 13
I think O mumbles a bunch of crazy stuff to fire them up for about a quarter. Their pride comes out since people have said they were ducking us in the first delayed game time. They keep it close at first. We make some adjustments to what they are doing and get up by 14 or 17 and their pride and emotion quickly fade back into the swamp.

Reactions: TriCountyTider

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
To be honest, I don't want the Tide to make this trip or play this game. It's unnecessary in the grand scheme of our attempt to win a championship. The Tigers cannot be considered for a title now, and can only hurt our chances. There is additional risk to our athletes and coaches due to the virus, and just the usual chance of injury from the game itself. This game is only being played because the league and the TV network wants it. That's it. LSU sure doesn't want to play, because they are in a load of misery right now after their one-year-fling of 2019. The Crimson Tide players could probably take it or leave it; they want to play and win every week. I think a lot of them would play 52 weeks a season, if they could, because they love the game, and they love to win. And they do plenty of that.

59-0 Alabama.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
To be honest, I don't want the Tide to make this trip or play this game. It's unnecessary in the grand scheme of our attempt to win a championship. The Tigers cannot be considered for a title now, and can only hurt our chances. There is additional risk to our athletes and coaches due to the virus, and just the usual chance of injury from the game itself. This game is only being played because the league and the TV network wants it. That's it. LSU sure doesn't want to play, because they are in a load of misery right now after their one-year-fling of 2019. The Crimson Tide players could probably take it or leave it; they want to play and win every week. I think a lot of them would play 52 weeks a season, if they could, because they love the game, and they love to win. And they do plenty of that.

59-0 Alabama.
Actually, if we lose this game and the Arkansas game while A&M wins out, A&M would be the West champion. I'm quite sure that A&M wants these games to be played. If we beat LSU, then next's week games would not matter. However, I like that our league wants to play all of the games, and I think it will be a shame if a team is allowed into the playoff with only four or five games completed. I do, however, share your concern that there is a possibility that a key injury could really hurt us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.