Poll: Alabama vs. Oklahoma: Pick the Winner!

Alabama vs. Oklahoma

• Alabama

Votes: 63 100.0%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I have us by 10pts. If we could only win by 10,000 I would be happy! #nosoonerluvfest!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
52-42 Alabama. This game will feel like the 2013 Aggy game in my opinion. We'll get a commanding lead but kinda have to weather a late rush from Murray.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I just read that Saban's record against Heisman winners during the season they won it is only 1-4 but I'm picking Bama to win anyway. I'll give my score pick when Jessica posts the thread.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I just read that Saban's record against Heisman winners during the season they won it is only 1-4 but I'm picking Bama to win anyway. I'll give my score pick when Jessica posts the thread.
These stats are meaningless, but most won the award because they beat a Saban coached team. How many won the award and then went on to beat Saban afterward, even in a subsequent season?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban's LSU beat OU's Jason White led offense in 2003. So I know that's one win. The only Heisman winners I remember Saban playing at Alabama were Cam Newton in 2010 and Johnny Manziel in 2012. I'm guessing he lost to Ron Dayne and Charles Woodson while at Michigan State?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
But for weirdo stats that don't matter: Saban is 2-1 against players after they've won a Heisman (1-1 v. Tebow; 1-0 v. Manziel).

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Saban's LSU beat OU's Jason White led offense in 2003. So I know that's one win. The only Heisman winners I remember Saban playing at Alabama were Cam Newton in 2010 and Johnny Manziel in 2012. I'm guessing he lost to Ron Dayne and Charles Woodson while at Michigan State?
You're correct on all of them. Also Saban and Bama did come back and defeat Manziel the year after in 2013. I always look at trends when handicapping a game however I agree this trend doesn't seem to have enough history to be reliable.

Last edited:

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I don't look at trends but I will say that Alabama is far better team then any Alabama team in the past 16 years that have played okla. Okla will be dang lucky to beat this team after what I saw in the sec game and they did not give up. Alabama will win by 21. :smile:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Just curious, honestly - Why are you afraid of this team?
You didn’t answer my question. ;)

Not afraid, just a very healthy respect for this Sooner team. I think they are better—including their D— than many on here are giving them credit for. They have extra motivation too—believe me when I tell you that they get very tired of hearing how good teams like us in the SEC are and would absolutely love to knock off the reigning SEC champ—something I don’t think they have ever done. Do you think if that were to happen that would change the major narrative in college football and who’s best?

Also—saw earlier on the SEC Network where this O AVERAGES 8.75 yds PER DOWN. Let that sink in for a minute. Yes we have the best D that they will have faced, but will it be good enough? I hope so, but remember It was barely good enough against Georgia.

Nobody wants to beat the brakes off OU more than I do, I just think that it will be much more of a challenge than most on here do.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You didn’t answer my question. ;)
Because it is irrelevant unless you believe that the Sooners are going to invent a defense, hurt Tua on the first series and make all of your receivers forget how to catch the ball.

You are one of those who is really happy after a win because you see a loss around every corner. You are almost surprised when your team wins.

I celebrate my teams every day, not just after a win. I see victory in every game. Each new opponent is the next victim. I am supremely confident, even when I probably shouldn't be. But, in this case, the stats back me up, not you.

Alabama is a 2 TD favorite for a reason. Teams that are a 2 TD favorite win better than 88 percent of their games.

So, you are worried about that 12%. Fine. But I am not. I am totally stoked about that 88%.

Roll Tide!

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I have a ton of respect for Oklahoma. Really do. But I also believe that people are downing and disrespecting Alabama because they had a hard fought win over a terrific Georgia team with an excellent offense AND defense. Alabama did not play near to its potential and still won. It's so amazing. Alabama will show up in Miami with a huge chip on its shoulder.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Agree with Bamaman. We played a C+ game and beat Georgia. I think we win and cover. OK will definitely score some, but unless we sleep walk the first half and get in a hole too deep, I think we win pretty comfortably.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.