Diamond Tide

Baseball Moderator
Staff member
Jun 23, 2000
Tuscaloosa , AL USA
diamondtide.tidefans.com
The Crimson Tide finished 2-2 in the 2021 SEC Tournament

5/28/2021

HOOVER, AL – Alabama's run in the 2021 SEC Tournament came to an end on Friday as the Crimson Tide suffered an 11-0 loss at the hands of fourth-ranked Tennessee. Following the matchup with the Vols, UA sits at 31-24 on the season with a combined 14 wins against conference opponents.

Tennessee struck for a pair of runs in the second before adding five in the third. The Vols followed with two in the fourth and another pair in the sixth to end the game after seven innings of play. Landon Green (3-2) suffered the loss for the Crimson Tide while UT starter Blade Tidwell (8-3) picked up the win.

From Head Coach Brad Bohannon
"I can't tell you how proud I am of this group. We've got the greatest kids in the world from great families. They love to play and have really strong intangibles. Regardless of what happens going forward, this has been as enjoyable a group of players as I've ever been a part of. I'm really proud of the effort these kids gave throughout the year. They had every chance to point fingers and to flinch or crack but never did. I'm really hopeful, obviously, that we get a chance for at least another week together."

How It Happened
  • T2 | The Vols got on the board thanks a two-run home run from Luc Lipcius. (2-0, Tennessee)
  • T3 | Five hits and a Tide error allowed the Volunteers to add five more. (7-0, Tennessee)
  • T4 | UT padded the lead with a two-run home run from Evan Russell. (9-0, Tennessee)
  • T6 | Back-to-back solo homers from Liam Spence and Max Ferguson widened the gap. (11-0, Tennessee)
Postgame Notes
  • Alabama finished the 2021 SEC Tournament at 2-2 overall.
The Crimson Tide's run in the Tournament is officially over following today's game. Alabama will now wait to see if it is selected for an NCAA Regional. The section show is scheduled to air on ESPN2 on Monday, May 31 at 11 a.m. CT.

Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabmaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

-UA-

RTR,

Diamond Tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.