BREAKING Ale Kaho to Transfer

dathbama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2004
Ruckersville, VA
www.uvachurch.com
From JessN article on roster written January 17:

"Brandon Ale Kaho, a standout on special teams the last two years, struggled to gain enough weight to play inside linebacker in Alabama’s scheme. He is believed to be entering the portal imminently, although his name was not officially in it at last report. Alabama hauled in a spectacular group in the early signing period, with one frontline outside linebacker (Keanu Koht) and four others who are primarily ticketed for inside spots."

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
If true, thank you for all of your contributions Ale. Loved seeing you block those punts! Roll Tide young man and good luck wherever you choose to go.

Reactions: seebell

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Hate to see it, as I thought he would be battling Moody for the starting spot next to Harris this year. I guess this means he doesn't think he can win out, or maybe the rumors of a transfer coming in are true, or he at least thinks they are. Our ILB room is going to be extremely young and inexperienced in 2021. Only three guys left who have ever taken a rep on D (or special teams for that matter)...

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Apparently just doesn't have the physical structure to gain the necessary weight for the position at this level. Certainly not for lack of a motor.
Good luck Ale in all your future holds for you.

Reactions: Rush and Con

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I don't blame him and wish him all the best.
Like others have said on here, he gave everything he had and for whatever reason it didn't work out.
A testament to his character is that you never heard about him griping or complaining or causing issues in the locker room.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I don't blame him and wish him all the best.
Like others have said on here, he gave everything he had and for whatever reason it didn't work out.
A testament to his character is that you never heard about him griping or complaining or causing issues in the locker room.
He also leaves with at least an SEC championship ring and an NC ring, both of which he contributed to winning

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I have tons of respect for guys who come to Bama knowing they'll have to compete every day to earn their spot. It's actually one way CNS recruits these guys by reminding them they'll compete against the best and "iron sharpens iron."

But, there is also the realization that when you start competing against the best that sometimes you realize you don't have the ceiling to get much better.

This happened to me in NAIA basketball. When you give it your all and you max out your physical abilities and guys are just better you don't have a lot of choices. Stay and ride the bench or try to find a place where the competition isn't as stiff.

Reactions: Rush and CraigD

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
I have tons of respect for guys who come to Bama knowing they'll have to compete every day to earn their spot. It's actually one way CNS recruits these guys by reminding them they'll compete against the best and "iron sharpens iron."

But, there is also the realization that when you start competing against the best that sometimes you realize you don't have the ceiling to get much better.

This happened to me in NAIA basketball. When you give it your all and you max out your physical abilities and guys are just better you don't have a lot of choices. Stay and ride the bench or try to find a place where the competition isn't as stiff.
I found myself in that situation in HS. Wished I could have transferred to a middle school!!!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Just about everyone this side of MJ hits a point in athletics where others are just bigger, stronger and faster...that's just life. I think I hit mine in 7th grade...LOL.especially the faster part.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.