All American Game

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He has practiced with Bama and that's why he couldn't play. I never heard them mention him.

Agreed the young QB going to Clemson looked the best. He pretty much played the whole game for his team.

Reactions: B1GTide

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Alabama's class now #3 after the Georgia commit.
Yes #3 in 247, still #2 in the composite. But, that will probably change when all services update. But, No one is catching NLI A&M, they have broken Bama’s record from last year, but no one is talking about it. I wonder why?? B8A653F7-4A62-4763-85C7-B50AC15C5A07.png

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Small, but lightning fast receiver/athlete who is committed to Arizona.

Run a 10.0 100.

He's scored 2 tds. One on a reception and the other he took a handoff and literally left every defender in the dust.
His fastest time I found with google was a 10.5 hundred. Leary ran a 10.55, and Camar Wheaton Ran a 4.3 forty in HS. And Jalen Milroe reportedly may be the fastest guy on the team . Luke would be a nice addition, but We have speed on offense. Add Bond to that as well, reportedly a 10.48 guy, but only a 4.7 forty???

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
His fastest time I found with google was a 10.5 hundred. Leary ran a 10.55, and Camar Wheaton Ran a 4.3 forty in HS. And Jalen Milroe reportedly may be the fastest guy on the team . Luke would be a nice addition, but We have speed on offense. Add Bond to that as well, reportedly a 10.48 guy, but only a 4.7 forty???
He and his coach have said that he is capable of running a 10 flat. But, no, he has not yet. But his game speed is real.

Reactions: BamaMoon

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Yes #3 in 247, still #2 in the composite. But, that will probably change when all services update. But, No one is catching NLI A&M, they have broken Bama’s record from last year, but no one is talking about it. I wonder why?? View attachment 22118
I read, from not somewhere I would link, that estimates are this class cost them almost $30 million dollars in NLI. There was speculation (it would be difficult to collaborate something like this I imagine), that these players signed multi year contracts with clauses about leaving the school and such. After Ewers walking away with his money from OSU I could see this as the next evolution of NLI, and it will be interesting to see how this evolves the next few years.

It will also be interesting to see how long players stay, and boosters boost, when Jimbo does what Jimbo does. Would these folks really be satisfied at 8-4 but beating Alabama?

The reason no one is talking about it is because it wasn’t earned, it was bought, and everyone knows it.

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I read, from not somewhere I would link, that estimates are this class cost them almost $30 million dollars in NLI. There was speculation (it would be difficult to collaborate something like this I imagine), that these players signed multi year contracts with clauses about leaving the school and such. After Ewers walking away with his money from OSU I could see this as the next evolution of NLI, and it will be interesting to see how this evolves the next few years.

It will also be interesting to see how long players stay, and boosters boost, when Jimbo does what Jimbo does. Would these folks really be satisfied at 8-4 but beating Alabama?

The reason no one is talking about it is because it wasn’t earned, it was bought, and everyone knows it.
Several different message boards state that boosters for TAMU put together LLC’s specifically for NIL agreements if players signed. Most of the posts say they were “earmarked” by the staff.

Perfectly legal as long as the staff/coaches/university are not directly involved with NIL as an inducement to sign (wink and nod).

But you’re absolutely correct. These boosters will expect a return on that investment. And whether Fisher can do that is, I guess, the $25-30 million question.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Several different message boards state that boosters for TAMU put together LLC’s specifically for NIL agreements if players signed. Most of the posts say they were “earmarked” by the staff.

Perfectly legal as long as the staff/coaches/university are not directly involved with NIL as an inducement to sign (wink and nod).

But you’re absolutely correct. These boosters will expect a return on that investment. And whether Fisher can do that is, I guess, the $25-30 million question.
If this is true, the NCAA needs to work hard to find a solution to restrict the abuse of NIL or the whole of CFB is going to suffer. Between this and the transfer portal, the whole sport is becoming a chaotic mess for fans.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He and his coach have said that he is capable of running a 10 flat. But, no, he has not yet. But his game speed is real.
Right...he said he was a 10.0 flat guy, but apparently, he hasn't been timed with that yet.

What jumped off the page with him was how quick he was coming off the LOS. I wonder if his top speed isn't as good, but he just gets a huge head start out of the gate?

But as you say...his game speed is undeniably great!

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Yep and in the interview I saw with Jimbo this week when asked about NIL is he/staff are not involved. Sure Jimbo. Also look at the Texas class and you will see they did the same thing.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Nick Saban -
. "I think what is a little concerning is how is that used to get players to decide where they go to school, because I don't think that was the intention," Saban said. "I don't think that would be the NCAA's intention. I think we probably need some kind of national legislation to sort of control that to some degree, because I think there will be an imbalance relative to who can dominate college football if that's not regulated in some form or fashion."
he sees bad things coming down the pike for CFB if Nothing is done. Sounds like he may have already ran into NIL recruiting on the trail.

Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.