All American Game

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Nick Saban -

he sees bad things coming down the pike for CFB if Nothing is done. Sounds like he may have already ran into NIL recruiting on the trail.
Sure, but Alabama benefits

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
The only way to change this would be to make any NiL deals offered prior to enrolling “school agnostic”. In other words, you can promise or sign an athlete to an NiL deal before they enroll but if you do you cannot specify which school they have to go to - they get it regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderFan

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The only way to change this would be to make any NiL deals offered prior to enrolling “school agnostic”. In other words, you can promise or sign an athlete to an NiL deal before they enroll but if you do you cannot specify which school they have to go to - they get it regardless.
I kind of wondered about a corollary to that with Bo Nix.

He had a Milo’s NIL deal, signed when he was the barn’s QB. He’s at Oregon now, and there aren’t any Milo’s within 2,500 miles of Eugene.

Does he still get money from Milo’s? I don’t know the answer, but am deadly curious.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

He had a Milo’s NIL deal, signed when he was the barn’s QB. He’s at Oregon now, and there aren’t any Milo’s within 2,500 miles of Eugene.

Does he still get money from Milo’s? I don’t know the answer, but am deadly curious.
You'd think the lawyers would have considered this, but if you sign a local/regional contract it would seem if you transfer out of the region they'd have grounds to cancel the contract, which is what I'm sure Milo's would desire to do.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
You'd think the lawyers would have considered this, but if you sign a local/regional contract it would seem if you transfer out of the region they'd have grounds to cancel the contract, which is what I'm sure Milo's would desire to do.
Depends on the terms of the contract, but absent a provision to cover the possibility of a transfer, I think Milo's is on the hook.

Whether they or their mouthpieces thought to address that, I don't know.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Depends on how competent the lawyers for Milo's were when they crafted the contract... :cool:

Reactions: Al A Bama

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Sure, but Alabama benefits
Could be, but I believe this is what will probably make Coach leave earlier than he wants because it will get irritating, when you go into a living room and Mama says coach team A has offered Junior 80,000 dollar deal what you got? I believe he'll get tired of it and go the lake

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Could be, but I believe this is what will probably make Coach leave earlier than he wants because it will get irritating, when you go into a living room and Mama says coach team A has offered Junior 80,000 dollar deal what you got? I believe he'll get tired of it and go the lake
Sorry, but this irritates you, not Saban. You are transferring here. You have no idea how this will impact Saban, if at all.

Reactions: Con and TiderJack

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Yeah, I could see that happening... :unsure:

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We are talking about the coach who let it "slip" that his starting quarterback, who had never started a game until this year, had already signed over a million dollars in NIL deals, right? If he gets tired of coaching it will be because he feels like he can no longer get the best out of the players, not that the times have passed him by, or that the rules have become too burdensome.

Reactions: Con

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Sorry, but this irritates you, not Saban. You are transferring here. You have no idea how this will impact Saban, if at all.
Didn't say this irritated me I just believe all coaches will deal with this and Coach being old school he may just not want to recruit that way not saying he's leaving tomorrow

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Depends on the terms of the contract, but absent a provision to cover the possibility of a transfer, I think Milo's is on the hook.

Whether they or their mouthpieces thought to address that, I don't know.
I'm sure smart corporate lawyers set the NIL deals and one year terms with options to renew at set rates to give them flexibility to address stuff like this or a guy getting injured, or going pro early or whatever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.