All-Time Alabama Roster

AngryEwok

All-SEC
I want to have the absolute best, most accurate ALL-TIME ALABAMA roster. Since I'm far from the most knowledgeable person on Alabama football, I had the idea that maybe we could work as a guild to help one another out. I know a lot of us want to create our own team from the Create-A-School so that we can tweak it the way we see fit (ie Julio Jones and Tyrone Prothro are on my list) - But we could still all pool our opinions as to the roster and specific ratings.

To kick things off, I'll borrow from someone else's list (with a couple of edits)...

QB:
Kenny Stabler
Joe Namath
Harry Gilmer
Jay Barker

RB:
Shaun Alexander
Johnny Musso
Bobby Humphrey
Derrick Lassic
Johnny Mack Brown

WR:
Julio Jones
David Palmer
Ray Perkins
Don Hutson
Tyrone Prothro
DJ Hall

TE
Ozzie Newsom
Lamonde Russell
Terry Jones Jr
Nick Walker

OT:
Chris Samuels
Andre Smith
Cecil Dowdy
Jim Bunch
Bill Lee

OG
John Hannah
Larry Rose
Richard Dole

C:
Antione Caldwell
Sylvester Croom

CB:
Jeremiah Castille
Antonio Langham
Deshea Townsend
Don McNeal
(need more)

S:
George Teague
Tommy Wilcox
Rashad Johnson

LB:
Lee Roy Jordan
Derrick Thomas
Cornelius Bennett
Barry Kraus
Woodrow Lowe
DeMeco Ryans

DT:
Marty Lyons
Billy Neighbors
Terrence Cody
Bob Baumhower
Jon Hand

DE:
John Copeland
Eric Curry
Michael Myers
Leroy Cook
John Mitchell

K:
Phillip Doyle
Michael Proctor

P:
Lane Bearden
Gregg Gant

Debating specific ratings, I'll just get to the Quarterbacks for starters. In the order I would rate them...

Ken Stabler
Joe Namath
Harry Gilmer
Jay Barker
John Parker Wilson

As far as the stats go, I ranked Stabler a pinch above Namath. I gave Stabler a better scramble/option rating, but Namath a better precision rating. Stabler is less prone to injury, which pushes him above in rating. Essentially it's a Stabler vs. Namath debate, but that's a good problem to have. Harry Gilmer I have ranked third - an average passer, but he's an exceptional athlete. I boosted his carry, catch, and defensive skills. If you lose Stabler and Namath, all is not lost because Gilmer is a viable option.

Then you've got Jay Barker and possibly one open slot. I'm not sure what to do about these guys. JPW on the All-Time Alabama? I just don't see it, despite his records.

AngryEwok

All-SEC
I've got a good candidate for quarterback, and I don't know why I didn't think of this one sooner. Bart Starr. I have no idea what his numbers look like, though. I know he played a couple of positions, was sidelined with injuries, but without him BAMA did pretty miserable.

QB:
Kenny Stabler
Joe Namath
Harry Gilmer
Bart Starr
Jay Barker

As for runningbacks...

Shaun Alexander
Johnny Musso
Bobby Humphrey
Johnny Mack Brown
Glen Coffee

I put Coffee where I had Derrick Lassic.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I've got a good candidate for quarterback, and I don't know why I didn't think of this one sooner. Bart Starr. I have no idea what his numbers look like, though. I know he played a couple of positions, was sidelined with injuries, but without him BAMA did pretty miserable.
Unfortunately...he had to play for "Ears" right before getting drafted into the NFL...which finally showcased his talent. It's almost a miracle he got out of Alabama at all because of how he was treated by Ears and his staff.

AngryEwok

All-SEC
Here is my roster with the available slots! Please fix any errors - I may have got a couple of positions wrong. I can almost guarantee that on the specific LB and S spots, actually. I think almost all of these guys are straight up All Americans - input is desired, though.

QB
Ken Stabler
Joe Namath
Harry Gilmer
Jay Barker

HB
Shaun Alexander
John Musso
Johnny Mack Brown
Bobby Humphrey
Bobby Marlow
Glen Coffee

FB
Johnny Cain
Dixie Howell

WR
Julio Jones
Ray Perkins
Don Hutson
Tyrone Prothro
DJ Hall
David Palmer
Freddie Milons
David Bailey

TE
Ozzie Newsome
Dennis Homan
Lamonde Russell

LT
Chris Samuels
Andre Smith

LG
John Hannah
Wayne Freeman
Tom Hupke
Leroy Monsky

C
Sylvester Croom
Antoine Caldwell

RG
Larry Rose
Richard Dole
Paul Bryant

RT
Cecil Dowdy
Jim Bunch

DEFENSE

LE
Michael Myers
EJ Junior
Leroy Cook

RE
John Mitchell
John Copeland
Eric Curry

DT
Bob Baumhower
Terrence Cody
Dan Kearley
Jon Hand
Fred Sington
Marty Lyons

LOLB
Cornelius Bennett
Derrick Thomas

MLB
DeMeco Ryans
Lee Roy Jordan
Barry Krauss

ROLB
Thomas Boyd
Woodrow Lowe
Mike Hall

CB
John Mangum
Antonio Langham
Don McNeal
Bobby Johns
Jeremiah Castille

FS
George Teague
Rashad Johnson

SS
Tommy Wilcox
Kermit Kendrick
Sam Shade

K
Philip Doyle

P
Lane Bearden

For the alternate helmet, I went with the classic white helmet with a thin crimson stripe and numbers. Alternate away jerseys are almost identical to current jerseys except I added a houndstooth trim to the neckline and numbers on the sleeves. I may take the sleeve numbers off, I dunno. Again, I tried to keep this very accurate.

Oh, and while I think I have all of the jersey numbers correct - I do not have many likenesses or even races correct (for lack of time, mostly).

Last edited:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Looks good Ewok...it shouldn't take too long to put proper numbers and races with all of the guys there. I wish there was a way to download it myself to work on it for you in my spare time.

AngryEwok

All-SEC
I can change my password real quick and forward the account info to you via PM, you can tinker with it all you like.

Next on my agenda is fixing the ratings - we can debate all day long who is better than who, but all of these guys need to be upper 80's all around. A couple should be straight 99's. Since I haven't been following BAMA football very long, I may not be as well suited to fix the ratings accurately, though. Good example is runningback styles... I have a feeling 30's era backs didn't "juke" as much as "stiff arm"...

Last edited:

AngryEwok

All-SEC
The All-Time Alabama team is coming together very nicely. Here's a sneak peak of the roster... including a decent likeness or two... All players will have a year attached to their last name to indicate either the year they made All-American or the year they graduated.

...and here's a look at the uniforms and the various alterations... Note that I tried to replicate the houndstooth trim on the necklines for the alternates. I think this turned out pretty nicely. Alternate pants are identical to the regular except they feature the A instead of a swoosh.

(L to R = standard jersey, alternate home top, alternate away top, alternate helmet and pants)
Again I didn't want a fantasy league look, I tried to keep these jerseys as accurate to real Alabama gear as I could.

Last edited:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
The only downside to putting the year after the player's last name is that the announcer will never say the last name. If you have the accurate last name, the announcer will sometimes say it. Names like Jones, Smith, Alexander, etc. will be said by the announcer. Just something to think about.

bamabound91

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 10, 2008
Huntsville, Ala
good list ewok, i plan on forming a all time team myself and really thinking hard on all the postions, such talent, gotta think who is going to make the cut and who isn't. that's a good problem to have. :cool:. i plan on putting Marlow at qb. since he directed the 55-0 whitewashing of the barn.

bamabound91

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 10, 2008
Huntsville, Ala
ewok, i'm about 75% one on my all time team. i saved it right now and will finish it tonight. taking a break right now been on it for the past 3 days. (looking up profiles and such). i played with the field and pants and gave bama their white helmets with the bama logo on the side and gave them crimson pants (to get a different look). i'll let u know when i'm done and let me know what u think. if anybody see's any thing wrong (numbers, height weight and such) let me know. alot i had to figure cause of the early years. :BigA:

bamabound91

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 10, 2008
Huntsville, Ala
ewok, i have finally finished. the most significant change is adding pat trammell to the qb list and a few others. i added a combination of 60's-70's-80's and some of the 92 N.C. team. so enjoy everyone, i'm glad to be done. it took 5 days and nights to complete. RTR!

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Hey ewok, is your All Time team on the xbox or the ps3, or can it be downloaded for both. I tried to look for it a few days ago but I didn't know which one was yours. What did you name it?

rrocky

Feb 4, 2007
QB:
Kenny Stabler
Joe Namath
Harry Gilmer
Richard Todd
Pat Trammell

RB:
Shaun Alexander
Johnny Musso
Bobby Humphrey
Wilbur Jackson
Johnny Mack Brown

WR:
Julio Jones
David Palmer
Ray Perkins
Don Hutson
Tyrone Prothro

TE
Ozzie Newsom
Lamonde Russell
Terry Jones Jr
Howard Cross

OT:
Chris Samuels

Jim Krapf
Andre Smith
Cecil Dowdy
Buddy Brown

Jim Bunch
Fred Sington

OG
John Hannah
Vince Boothe
Richard Dole

C:
Antione Caldwell
Sylvester Croom
Dwight Stephenson
Steve Mott

CB:
Jeremiah Castille
Antonio Langham
Deshea Townsend
Don McNeal
Mike Washington
Benny Perrin

S:
George Teague
Tommy Wilcox
Rashad Johnson
Jim BoB Harris

LB:
Lee Roy Jordan
Derrick Thomas
Cornelius Bennett
Barry Kraus
Woodrow Lowe
DeMeco Ryans

DT:
Marty Lyons
Billy Neighbors
Terrence Cody
Bob Baumhower
Jon Hand
Byron Bragg

DE:
John Copeland
Eric Curry
Michael Myers
Leroy Cook
John Mitchell
EJ Junior

K:
Phillip Doyle
Michael Proctor
Peter Kim

P:
Chris Mohr
Lane Bearden
Gregg Gant

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Are you seriously leaving out Ingram? How can Bama's All-Time team not include its only Heisman winner?

Als there is an All-Time roster form the old NCAA football. I have it at home and will post it later tonight.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Are you seriously leaving out Ingram? How can Bama's All-Time team not include its only Heisman winner?

Als there is an All-Time roster form the old NCAA football. I have it at home and will post it later tonight.
That list above was from September of last year...so that is why Ingram isn't on it. I'm sure he's on everyone's list now.

I might actually find and download a good classic all-time roster and play a little bit this summer...to pass the time.

Baseball just can't fill that hole.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
That list above was from September of last year...so that is why Ingram isn't on it. I'm sure he's on everyone's list now.

I might actually find and download a good classic all-time roster and play a little bit this summer...to pass the time.

Baseball just can't fill that hole.
I just noticed that. LOL!

I'll find that ALL-TIME UA roster form the old EA NCAA Football (2006 I think) and put it on here. But I'd add Ingram and Mcclain

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.