NW AL
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Con and seebell

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I know this is a high school game but this was awesome. Executed well by Hillcrest to get a win over Wetumpka. Hillcrest’s coach said they practice a scramble every Thursday. It paid off last night.

Even knowing what was coming it was hard to follow. Imagine a Defensive player trying to zero in on the ball.

Reactions: rolltide_21

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
I thought I spotted a forward lateral?
To me, it looks like the very first lateral was at best completely sideways, if not slightly forward. But let's be honest: if NFL refs didn't catch it with the Titans and the Music City Miracle, it's probably unreasonable to think a high school ref is going to call it in that situation.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that a group of high schoolers didn't manage to commit a holding or clipping penalty with all of that lateraling and changing direction.

Reactions: AlBamaWagg

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
That is a miracle win, but the guys on the losing side have to be crushed. That is one awful way to lose a ballgame. That is about as bad as the kick 6 load of crap.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My best guess is the High School Officials saw the Razzle Dazzle and it was quick enough they saw a blur. then it continued and everything after was misdirection and more blur. (Street Football)
(I watched that film 3 times.)
The first Lateral might have been a little forward, but No Hankies Flew, after that the Officials were no different than the spectators.

It may have been a stolen victory, but it's not the first one, nor will it be the last.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Does it matter if the throw from the QB was a forward pass or a lateral? Everything after that looked like laterals and fumble. Tough way to lose a game, but if they practice it every week and execute it legally, I say legit. As for the losers, be disappointed, shake your head, chuckle, then go have a beverage.;)

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
There is no such thing as a forward lateral. If it's forward it can't be lateral and if it's lateral it can't be forward.

Always bothered me.
Yep. I also think this is a trash way to win/lose a game. IMO, you shouldn’t be able to lateral more than 3 times. What we saw in that video wasn’t football.

Reactions: B1GTide

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I thought it was a great way to win, it shows those boy's, remembered exactly what they were coached to do in that situation..

They executed that extra coaching they got each Thursday to perfection..

The HC deserves lots of credit for that win, for that play to work, you have to play & execute it as a team, you can't be holding any of the defenders or commit any penalties as the play unfolds..

That goes back to those hot practices & the HC drilled this play in their heads just in case his team needed it to win a game each Thursday..

Too me football is about one thing, that's "Team Work", that one play magnifies, what I think makes football the greatest sport on the planet..

My high school HC always drilled in our heads during every practice..You either win as a team or you lose as a team..Hillcrest won as a team that one play & to me that's what football is all about..That's just my opinion & it's cool if folks disagrees as well..

Reactions: Con

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I thought it was a great way to win, it shows those boy's, remembered exactly what they were coached to do in that situation..

They executed that extra coaching they got each Thursday to perfection..

The HC deserves lots of credit for that win, for that play to work, you have to play & execute it as a team, you can't be holding any of the defenders or commit any penalties as the play unfolds..

That goes back to those hot practices & the HC drilled this play in their heads just in case his team needed it to win a game each Thursday..

Too me football is about one thing, that's "Team Work", that one play magnifies, what I think makes football the greatest sport on the planet..

My high school HC always drilled in our heads during every practice..You either win as a team or you lose as a team..Hillcrest won as a team that one play & to me that's what football is all about..That's just my opinion & it's cool if folks disagrees as well..
Good coaches coach every possible situation in a football game that could happen. I believe Larry Bird used to practice those crazy shots just in case he needed to use them. It is what separates competitors into the o.k. - mediocre - great categories.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Good coaches coach every possible situation in a football game that could happen. I believe Larry Bird used to practice those crazy shots just in case he needed to use them. It is what separates competitors into the o.k. - mediocre - great categories.

Like faking injuries!

Attachments

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.