An Idea For Saturdays Without College Football****

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Not caring if my sons soccer or baseball game conflicts with kickoff. A couple of years ago when I was coaching his flag football game I had the game on tune in radio listening with my blue tooth ear piece.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
We got a camper this spring. We’ve been staying at National/state park campgrounds. Have several right here in my backyard. We’ll probably do more if that til deer season.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Let's just say I've gotten a lot of reading done and rediscovered I DO know how to play the piano still.
I've averaged about a book a week, and watched a lot of Youtube Westerns. I've cooked out a couple of days a week, and lastly, I've done a lot of garden work. It was with joy, I taught my wife how to cut grass, while I'm laid up after surgery.
I've kept myself busy, and if College football doesn't take place. I'll do some other things to keep me busy. Example... I haven't turned my Ham Radios on this year, and I haven't gone cat fishing but once this Summer. I can do either of these things while 'Social Distancing'.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
First weekend of the season, and any in the month of September, treat it like an extended Summer. It will likely still be hot, so enjoy the pool, maybe even visit a driveable, low crowded beach, if you can. It will be after peak tourist season too, so rates should be lower.

For October, spend those Saturdays doing a long-needed detail of your car or cars. I know mine needs a clay bar treatment on the hood and roof. Then a quality polish to finish it off. November is the true start of fall here in Alabama, in my opinion. Temps will be lower, hopefully, but daylight is too. So, do what you can during the day to prepare your home for those long, wet, colder winter months. Get caulk, repaint what needs to be, replace any external wood pieces that may have rotted during this record setting rain year in Alabama. Way too much rain. Don't forget doors and windows especially. Maybe even cut back some shrubs or trees, as leaves may have already fallen, and you can get a good look at things. By December, we usually have nothing to look forward to but the SEC title game, so do the holiday thing from home, not spending the money at the mall. Speaking of spending money, pay attention to your financial affairs at end of year. Look at any outstanding debts that you can pay off, and maybe buy one or two less gifts in order to handle that. I'd pay attention to those retirement accounts, and be sure you are saving enough.

In short, for three months, Sept/Oct/Nov, lots to do. I'll miss football, but it occupies too much time in our lives in the fall.

For Bowl season, gah, reassess and figure out how to get a new physical fitness plan for 2021? If we are all alive??? :D

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
First weekend of the season, and any in the month of September, treat it like an extended Summer. It will likely still be hot, so enjoy the pool, maybe even visit a driveable, low crowded beach, if you can. It will be after peak tourist season too, so rates should be lower.

For October, spend those Saturdays doing a long-needed detail of your car or cars. I know mine needs a clay bar treatment on the hood and roof. Then a quality polish to finish it off. November is the true start of fall here in Alabama, in my opinion. Temps will be lower, hopefully, but daylight is too. So, do what you can during the day to prepare your home for those long, wet, colder winter months. Get caulk, repaint what needs to be, replace any external wood pieces that may have rotted during this record setting rain year in Alabama. Way too much rain. Don't forget doors and windows especially. Maybe even cut back some shrubs or trees, as leaves may have already fallen, and you can get a good look at things. By December, we usually have nothing to look forward to but the SEC title game, so do the holiday thing from home, not spending the money at the mall. Speaking of spending money, pay attention to your financial affairs at end of year. Look at any outstanding debts that you can pay off, and maybe buy one or two less gifts in order to handle that. I'd pay attention to those retirement accounts, and be sure you are saving enough.

In short, for three months, Sept/Oct/Nov, lots to do. I'll miss football, but it occupies too much time in our lives in the fall.

For Bowl season, gah, reassess and figure out how to get a new physical fitness plan for 2021? If we are all alive??? :D
Plenty of things to keep you busy.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
On fall Saturdays, I will be curled up in the fetal position, horror fantasizing. This is a WAYYY out there "what if"...but...with so much time now...the imagination tends to run a little wild, LOL. So...lets just say that this is the end for sports. None of it is ever coming back, under any circumstances. Did Bama football go out on a good note? I'd have to say yes...and no. I would be very thankful for the final game. It was a win over Harbaugh and Michigan. Granted, a national championship would have been much sweeter, but at least we went out on a win. The game before that one....ughh...that would stick in my craw. On the one hand, the barners would claim that they are "eternal IB champs" (I can see the shirts now) but on the other hand, we could claim we won 8 out of the last 12. Their lasting legacy would be their IB wins, and ours of course would be 17 national titles. Of the two lasting legacies, I'll take ours. To that end....I've gotten my mind wrapped around no college football in 2020. I stand, ready for the announcement of cancellation any day now. It's 2021, 2022, and beyond that worry me. If 2021 has to be cancelled also, then we are in serious trouble. As big a machine as Bama football is....it isn't immortal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.