ADMIN NOTE: And... We're Back! RTR! TideFans is on the new Xenforo platform.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
How do we refresh a thread to see the most recent posts? Especially during a game when many are posting and it's moving quickly. It's like when I post a comment, it gets stuck there with no way to refresh. I have to back out to the menu, tap "new posts", then tap on the thread title, and scroll down.
The site does look better than the old one, but on mobile it's a hassle. Probably better on computer. But on mobile it's a lot of work. TapaTalk was a much better experience.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How do we refresh a thread to see the most recent posts? Especially during a game when many are posting and it's moving quickly. It's like when I post a comment, it gets stuck there with no way to refresh. I have to back out to the menu, tap "new posts", then tap on the thread title, and scroll down.
The site does look better than the old one, but on mobile it's a hassle. Probably better on computer. But on mobile it's a lot of work. TapaTalk was a much better experience.
On my phone I just go to the page refresh icon.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I have one little complaint. I know ads are needed but, man, the ads on the mobile version of the site are so annoying that I find myself visiting the site fewer and fewer times a day on my phone. It's just the way the get inserted in between post, and the full page ads that the thread seems to scroll over top of, are so annoying. I just wish they weren't so "in your face" on the mobile site.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I have a navigation question. To move from one board to another (say football to basketball) I’m clicking on the “Crimson Tide Sports” link to get a listing of all the available boards, then click on the board I want to go to. That’s two clicks, is there a one click option? I’ve noticed that on the Home page, there is a gray bar near the top of the page that contains direct links to the various boards, but it disappears once you leave the Home page and go to a board. Also on the Home page is the red menu bar that has dropdown options to pick the board you want to go to, but the dropdown ability disappears once you go to a board. So, am I missing or overlooking something? Thanks.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have a navigation question. To move from one board to another (say football to basketball) I’m clicking on the “Crimson Tide Sports” link to get a listing of all the available boards, then click on the board I want to go to. That’s two clicks, is there a one click option? I’ve noticed that on the Home page, there is a gray bar near the top of the page that contains direct links to the various boards, but it disappears once you leave the Home page and go to a board. Also on the Home page is the red menu bar that has dropdown options to pick the board you want to go to, but the dropdown ability disappears once you go to a board. So, am I missing or overlooking something? Thanks.
I don't think that there is a one click way to go directly from the football board to the basketball board. I'll tell you what I do - I work from the "New Posts" area. I click on "New Posts" and then launch a thread that I want to read. Using this feature I have found that there are threads on other forums that interest me. Before we moved to this platform I stayed away from the other boards, but there is some pretty cool stuff on the other boards.

Reactions: BamaNation

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Recommended change to new board: add a football forum and recruiting forum link on the 1st page. I connect, then have to click the upper left lines that shOw sub boards. With football and recruiting by far your busiest boards, you should show them directly on connection rather than having 2 or 3 clicks to get there. It causes a problem when on data...as it sometimes will not open.

• Thank You

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Recommended change to new board: add a football forum and recruiting forum link on the 1st page. I connect, then have to click the upper left lines that shOw sub boards. With football and recruiting by far your busiest boards, you should show them directly on connection rather than having 2 or 3 clicks to get there. It causes a problem when on data...as it sometimes will not open.
I was at my Dr. the other day and I told him that I read on WebMd...wait, NM...🤣

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Ads suck, but they suck less than having to pay to post here.

Thanks for keeping it free.
I too appreciate the site being "free" and I know the "ads" are largely why that's so. That said, the ads loading in between the threads make it seem like the page is jumping all over the place.

For instance, when I'm about to click on a thread sometimes an add loads and the topic I'm about to click on moves. Sometimes you have to toggle up and sometimes you have to toggle down to find the thread again. Sometimes another add or two will load when I'm toggling and then I have to stop and start the "hunt" again.

If it matters, I use Chrome. Is the delay on the adds popping up my Internet speed or is that just how the site operates?

If it's the site, do they have to load in between the threads? If so, why can't they appear when the page loads instead of popping up a few seconds later and messing with my eyes?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
There are now direct links to the football, recruiting, and basketball boards at the top. @BamaNation has done and is doing a great job and should be commended for his anticipation of and responsiveness to members' requests for new features.
BTW, just so I'm not seen as complaining about my other post, I love the new direct links menu. Great addition!!!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I too appreciate the site being "free" and I know the "ads" are largely why that's so. That said, the ads loading in between the threads make it seem like the page is jumping all over the place.

For instance, when I'm about to click on a thread sometimes an add loads and the topic I'm about to click on moves. Sometimes you have to toggle up and sometimes you have to toggle down to find the thread again. Sometimes another add or two will load when I'm toggling and then I have to stop and start the "hunt" again.

If it matters, I use Chrome. Is the delay on the adds popping up my Internet speed or is that just how the site operates?

If it's the site, do they have to load in between the threads? If so, why can't they appear when the page loads instead of popping up a few seconds later and messing with my eyes?
Mac desktop surfing w/Safari...no issues here...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Like major changes everywhere, I didn't remember my current password.
THEN... I got lucky, changed my password ect.
The only thing i miss is something we may be better off without.
There have been a couple of time I used the
'DISLIKE' BUTTON.

Overall I do really like this format.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Like major changes everywhere, I didn't remember my current password.
THEN... I got lucky, changed my password ect.
The only thing i miss is something we may be better off without.
There have been a couple of time I used the
'DISLIKE' BUTTON.

Overall I do really like this format.
I think that the dislike button created discord.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.