ADMIN NOTE: And... We're Back! RTR! TideFans is on the new Xenforo platform.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
As mentioned this morning we're going to reboot the forum server. This is to move the database and server to one that supports the latest/greatest PHP & database version. Shouldn't be down too long so hang tight! Thanks!

Doing this will allow me to enable some additional functionality (i.e. old vb links should then work correctly once we are back up and I configure the setting)

Reactions: CoolBreeze

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It's very different. It may take a little while to get used to it, but I do thank you for all your efforts in upgrading the system. I can difinitely see immediate improvements in some areas. Like I said, others I will get used to.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
For us old folks, could you address mobile access ?
The mobile "version" of the site is not an app. It is in your browser and should automatically adjust to the width of your browser / tablet / desktop. Decent explanations for how to put on your homescreen on iphone or android.

Definitely looks nicer. Any plans for dark mode or added back to TapaTalk?
No plans to add tapatalk back. See my previous posts about this. Hadn't thought about dark mode but might explore that during the holiday.

Good stuff and lightning fast! It will take time to get use to but probly not too long since I'm here just about every day of the week. BTW, really miss my Roll Tide button. Love Roll Tiding everyone around here.
RTR will be back. It was there until the server reboot an hour ago and the directory got whacked. I'll fix it shortly. Also will have some other available options. It's on the list :)

Also, just to be clear, ads will return as soon as they're configured for our new platform by AdThrive. It's how this site is supported, how we were able to do the just-completed upgrades, and what has allowed the site to continue for 20+ years now :) The quality of the ads (both aesthetically and technically) we now serve since our switchover to using AdThrive as our ad mgt company in early 2019 are orders of magnitude better than what was previously available to us. That happens because of the site's growth, quality, and continuity, and because y'all make it worthwhile for them to do the hard work for us. I am very appreciative of that.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
First you should know that every post was unread when the new site was launched. So, nothing is "read" until you mark it read by either reading the posts or clicking the "mark read" link at the top of the forum page.

Afterward, just launch a thread by clicking on the thread title link and you will be taken to the first unread post in that thread.
Huh! Well that was far too simple... 🤔

Thanks, B1G! ;)

Wow, what a selection of emoticons! 😃

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Looks a whole lot better. Is there a button we can press to take us to the last viewed reply like we had before? I haven't read through all the replies so apologies if this has been stated.

Reactions: Con

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.