ADMIN NOTE: And... We're Back! RTR! TideFans is on the new Xenforo platform.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Looks a whole lot better. Is there a button we can press to take us to the last viewed reply like we had before? I haven't read through all the replies so apologies if this has been stated.
Excellent question Jessica. I was just going through all of these posts to see if someone else mentioned it.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
After being a member of TF's for 10yrs + it's a shock to your system after seeing a brand new format..But..After a few mins of navigating through things I too love the new format.

Reactions: BamaNation

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Actually, I'm not sure what you mean "in the bookmark web app" ? Can you clarify what phone and app you are using?

It sounds to me like it's doing exactly what we want it to do (add icon to your homescreen and open in Safari.) But, sounds from you like it's not doing what you want it to do?
I'm not good at explaining these things so, I made a gif:

I bookmarked TF and when I open it, it opens as a full screen web app. When I click any link, instead of staying in that "web app", it switches me to the full Safari app. Maybe this is how it is suppose to work, I've never really bookmarked a site to the home screen before.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

I bookmarked TF and when I open it, it opens as a full screen web app. When I click any link, instead of staying in that "web app", it switches me to the full Safari app. Maybe this is how it is suppose to work, I've never really bookmarked a site to the home screen before.
I understand now. Let me see if I can find a solution.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
First you should know that every post was unread when the new site was launched. So, nothing is "read" until you mark it read by either reading the posts or clicking the "mark read" link at the top of the forum page.

Afterward, just launch a thread by clicking on the thread title link and you will be taken to the first unread post in that thread.
@Jessica4Bama @Con @DogPatch and any others that are having problems with not going to first unread post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Con

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

A bookmarklet on the homescreen is basically the same as a bookmark in Safari, and usually behaves the same way. It just opens differently. I have had them locked in to a site, where there are no Safari option icons at the bottom. But TideFans doesn't appear to be that way. It would be nice if it were.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
@BamaNation I think that's just how the APP works with Xenforo. I get the same thing on my Warchant App on Android. The App always opens my browser to view.
A bookmarklet on the homescreen is basically the same as a bookmark in Safari, and usually behaves the same way. It just opens differently. I have had them locked in to a site, where there are no Safari option icons at the bottom. But TideFans doesn't appear to be that way. It would be nice if it were.
I'm working on a solution right now. No promises, but I'm working on it :)

Reactions: Ledsteplin

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Just can’t get used to this on a phone. I use Tapatalk for all my forums and the experience just isn’t the same. The navigation on the mobile site is nowhere near as seamless as with an app. There’s no way to jump directly to the end of the thread, only to the end of the specific page you’re on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.