Another round of semi final games, two more blowouts.

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
Well I can hear it already for the next 10 days "I don't want to see another all SEC title game". Well your favorite team should have either A. made the CFP or B. beat Bama or Georgia. They are the best two teams so people just need to deal with it. I can't imagine the number of blowouts when we expand this thing to 12 and how more people will be losing their minds. Then they have another brilliant idea which just makes it even worse.

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
With all the opting out and teams quitting the now meaningless bowl games now, I think the CFP expansion will happen sooner than later. Not what we want but it's coming

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Need Cincy in B1G so they can only send one pretender per annum...

Hairball is who we think - are sure - he always will be, even at half-price markdown coaching.

• Haha
Reactions: UAllday

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I don’t care if they expand. But reduce the number of regular season games so this doesn’t become a 17 game season. That’s too much.

Look how hard it is at 15 to get to the end with enough players now

we will come in missing:

Allen
Jobe
Metchie
Jace
Roydell

Now with injuries to Ekiyor and Owens. Dinged up JAD.

we can’t keep expanding the season just to get to the same ending

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
We could go to "mix & match" teams. Kinda like a one-time draft (for bowl games) to field a team to replace the no shows. Hey, it is just silly enough to get adopted.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Maybe we could slot the top 4. Then have an 8 team play-in to get the other 4. Take teams 5-25 and do a lottery. 25 gets one entry. 24 gets 2 and so forth. ;)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don’t care if they expand. But reduce the number of regular season games so this doesn’t become a 17 game season. That’s too much.

Look how hard it is at 15 to get to the end with enough players now

we will come in missing:

Allen
Jobe
Metchie
Jace
Roydell

Now with injuries to Ekiyor and Owens. Dinged up JAD.

we can’t keep expanding the season just to get to the same ending
This is what really worries me, and why conference championship games have to end if the CFP is expanded.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This is what really worries me, and why conference championship games have to end if the CFP is expanded.
I agree. Or go to a 10 game season.

some teams will play 10. Some 11. Some 12, 13, 14 and 2 play 15. Like now.

or get rid of conference championships and go to an 11 game season

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I mean, adding more teams would lead to more competitive matchups... Between teams that ultimately wouldn't win. And that's a win for college football/the networks.

The reality is only 3 of the 14 semi-finals have been legitimately good games. But two of them have featured the lower seed winning, so...

Reactions: B1GTide

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I mean, adding more teams would lead to more competitive matchups... Between teams that ultimately wouldn't win. And that's a win for college football/the networks.

The reality is only 3 of the 14 semi-finals have been legitimately good games. But two of them have featured the lower seed winning, so...
Michigan was the 3rd or 4th best team. So, not really a lower seed from a betting perspective.

how many favored teams lost in the semis? That might be the interesting number.

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Essentially the New Years Day bowl matchups would happen in the first round of the CFP.

Reactions: UntouchableCrew

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Michigan was the 3rd or 4th best team. So, not really a lower seed from a betting perspective.

how many favored teams lost in the semis? That might be the interesting number.
2014 is the only one I remember.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.