Anthony Joshua loses

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Wish I could have seen it. Seems like it was a good fight.
usyk was just night and day better. Its kinda what I feared what was going to happen because Hearn and Arum played around too much and never attempted to buy Wilder off. Usyk was a legit threat and Joshua didnt seem to take him serious.

I doubt Usyk and Fury/Wilder winner will ever fight because he really isnt the same draw. I was happy Usyk won but ultimately it was probably bad for the sport because there really isnt a mega fight on the horizon.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It seems boxing has had this problem fairly consistently over the past few years.
true. Everyone has been scared of the Floyd Mayweather effect of freezing the weight class. I think interest for the heavy weight really took off because of Wilder and Fury’s ages. But the Wilder and fury feud has been far more trouble than what it was worth. Bad refs, bad managers, and pettiness from both sides. Fury probably should have went directly to Joshua after the “tie” and United their belts and then went after Wilder again. But there was way too much money at the time for the rematch to go after Joshua.

Now we are stuck with a trilogy fight in which the result is going to be hated by the fans of the sport and a weak challenge from the WBO. I doubt fury or Wilder will ever see any reason to try to unite the belts at this point. Both will probably finish their feud, take a few money fights, and retire.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
And, in my opinion, there are way too many belts now. Three seemed about right back when if was WBA, WBO, and IBF. Heck, I'd be happy with just one.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And, in my opinion, there are way too many belts now. Three seemed about right back when if was WBA, WBO, and IBF. Heck, I'd be happy with just one.
Maybe. WBO, WBC, The Ring, lineal, and the IBF are probably the most prestigious. I don’t think boxing can be unified like MMA and shouldn’t. I mean Fury, Wilder, and Joshua prove that point. Fury probably has fought the best competition, Wilder has fought the weakest, and Joshua has been the most unimpressive. Right now we probably have to accept Fury is the undisputed best and everyone else fighting for #2

MMA has the problem of suiting Dana White’s ego and boxing has to agree on purse disputes. Combat sports doesn’t have a good system.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Maybe. WBO, WBC, The Ring, lineal, and the IBF are probably the most prestigious. I don’t think boxing can be unified like MMA and shouldn’t. I mean Fury, Wilder, and Joshua prove that point. Fury probably has fought the best competition, Wilder has fought the weakest, and Joshua has been the most unimpressive. Right now we probably have to accept Fury is the undisputed best and everyone else fighting for #2

MMA has the problem of suiting Dana White’s ego and boxing has to agree on purse disputes. Combat sports doesn’t have a good system.
I haven't followed boxing closely for many years, and I've never heard of The Ring as a boxing organization. I just thought it was a magazine.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I haven't followed boxing closely for many years, and I've never heard of The Ring as a boxing organization. I just thought it was a magazine.
It became an award after many top boxers started to dodge others. It started to be used to force Mayweather to fight Canelo and PAC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.