Question: Any chance we go after Jahmyr Gibbs (from GA Tech)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Why Wheaton? We literally have heard nothing about him. From recruiting through this injury.
He may be super grateful for the Medical attention he got and be a total Bama lifer, we just don't know.
There's always a possible of medical redshirt or the chance of getting passed by younger guys on the depth chart. We've seen that way too many times at Bama... People who were hurt and couldnt contribute second year tend to transfer.. I'm not confident he'll be back int ime for summer workouts.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
There's always a possible of medical redshirt or the chance of getting passed by younger guys on the depth chart. We've seen that way too many times at Bama... People who were hurt and couldnt contribute second year tend to transfer.. I'm not confident he'll be back int ime for summer workouts.
I don't disagree...I'm just saying that he's the quietest cat we've ever had...A 5* RB that we know nothing about.
How many here know what his injury/surgery was for?

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't disagree...I'm just saying that he's the quietest cat we've ever had...A 5* RB that we know nothing about.
How many here know what his injury/surgery were for?
Saban mentioned Menisus tear earlier this season. Word has it that he had another injury, microfracture which required surgery. severa insiders across the board have mentioned that. It's serious injury.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If it’s really microfracture, we might not even see him until 2023.
The thing about Wheaton having microfracture surgery is really specific, and is widespread enough that the Athletic Department knows its out there, yet there have been no statements from anybody to indicate it’s not true. So to me, it has the ring of truth, even though we have no confirmation.

If he has indeed had microfracture surgery, I thought the same thing about the time frame for return. That stuff is nasty, and I would guess is a last resort, used only when there are no other options.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustNeedMe81

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.