Any idea as to when the NCAA might respond to UT or LSU?

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Been quiet. All that seemed kinda serious to just...go away. As far as I know it is in the oven so to speak.
We sure know what that is like, but the media isn't trying to destroy anyone as was the case with Bama.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Waaaaaay to early, probably for both of them. As far as I know the NCAA hasn't even started at fourteenesee, and unless / until the FBI investigation is over, they won't be handing info to the NCAA.

ETA: if I had to guess, we're a year away from hearing anything from either of them.

Reactions: B1GTide

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Yeah..they move kind of slow dont they? I got the idea that the info that was around on LSU had been around for a while. It is not in every article written like ours was. In detail. That is a good thing actually. Those were tough times, but they actually brought hades down on the rest of college football.😃

Reactions: BamaInBham

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yeah..they move kind of slow dont they? I got the idea that the info that was around on LSU had been around for a while. It is not in every article written like ours was. In detail. That is a good thing actually. Those were tough times, but they actually brought hades down on the rest of college football.😃
The Means investigation took over a year.

UT has apparently not even finished their own internal investigation, after which they'll turn over everything (right) that they know to the NCAA to do their own investigation.

Likewise with the FBI - iirc the FBI will not release any real evidence until any / all associated trials are over with.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
While I do want to see some action on this, I can't help but enjoy sitting back and watching the Orange Nation squirm. I hope they enjoy the same amount of nervousness I felt when the NCAA was in T-Town. I love watching their fear turn to paranoia and the internal arguing on their message boards. I hope they lose sleep for many nights worrying about how far they will fall and how high we will continue to ascend.

I hope their acknowledgment of their impending doom causes them early baldness. I hope the NCAA makes them wait until next year's national signing day to lower the boom (sound familiar?). I hope the realize that their next win against Bama is years away. Nope. DECADES away!!!!

May it take the NCAA many months to finish in Orange Country. May their findings equate damnation for many years. May their ruling cause pain that Satan himself would be proud to say he promoted. May the Orange live for many years wishing that they could travel in time and forego the hiring of King Krispy Kreme. I hope their is no justice for them and the penalties are beyond anything remotely fair!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
While I do want to see some action on this, I can't help but enjoy sitting back and watching the Orange Nation squirm. I hope they enjoy the same amount of nervousness I felt when the NCAA was in T-Town. I love watching their fear turn to paranoia and the internal arguing on their message boards. I hope they lose sleep for many nights worrying about how far they will fall and how high we will continue to ascend.

I hope their acknowledgment of their impending doom causes them early baldness. I hope the NCAA makes them wait until next year's national signing day to lower the boom (sound familiar?). I hope the realize that their next win against Bama is years away. Nope. DECADES away!!!!

May it take the NCAA many months to finish in Orange Country. May their findings equate damnation for many years. May their ruling cause pain that Satan himself would be proud to say he promoted. May the Orange live for many years wishing that they could travel in time and forego the hiring of King Krispy Kreme. I hope their is no justice for them and the penalties are beyond anything remotely fair!
You’re singing my song, brother.

I remember how they (the NCAA and UTe) strung that out, dribbling allegations timed to wreak the most havoc possible — in the lead up to recruiting signing days, big games, etc., etc. With the SEC Commisioner’s Office aiding and abetting.

When crossed, Karma makes a mama grizzly protecting cubs look like Snuffles the stuffed polar bear.

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving crew. Fourteenessee is a nice start, but Fiftyessee wouldn’t be enough.

Did I say I hate Tennessee?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I remember how they (the NCAA and UTe) strung that out, dribbling allegations timed to wreak the most havoc possible — in the lead up to recruiting signing days, big games, etc., etc. With the SEC Commisioner’s Office aiding and abetting.
IIRC, the NCAA announced the penalties just six days before National Signing Day...

I hate both fourteenessee and the national communists against athletes, so my joy is somewhat mitigated by the fact that I kinda have to hope one of them punishes the other.

Burn both organizations to the ground, I say.

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
The NCAA is on shaky ground with the Power 5. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing drags out for a year and then the penalties end up being no more severe (or marginally more so) than what the school self imposes.

Since Auburn lawyered up when the Cam Newton rumors got legs, the NCAA has consistently capitulated when it comes to major penalties for the big conferences. When the school doesn't roll over, it wins. There's just too much money at stake and the risk to the NCAA's continued "favor" with the major conference commissioners too great. Fan bases love to throw around "death penalty" and years of crippling recruiting limitations, but those days are gone.

In today's social media-driven world, with a cancel culture mentality, schools under suspicion will feel the impact in recruiting and ticket sales, regardless of what the NCAA does. In some ways, the investigation IS the new penalty. Can you imagine Alabama's investigation in today's social media world? It would have ended much worse - more player transfers, more recruiting challenges, more challenges hiring a proven coach. And Tennessee is feeling that now.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The NCAA is on shaky ground with the Power 5. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing drags out for a year and then the penalties end up being no more severe (or marginally more so) than what the school self imposes.
Could be, but...

Since Auburn lawyered up when the Cam Newton rumors got legs, the NCAA has consistently capitulated when it comes to major penalties for the big conferences. When the school doesn't roll over, it wins. There's just too much money at stake and the risk to the NCAA's continued "favor" with the major conference commissioners too great. Fan bases love to throw around "death penalty" and years of crippling recruiting limitations, but those days are gone.
Fourteenessee did the opposite of Aubrun - they've (so far) self-reported a ton of impropriety. If the NCAA lets this slide, it's going to be open season on cheating unlike we've seen before under the NCAA.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Could be, but...

Fourteenessee did the opposite of Aubrun - they've (so far) self-reported a ton of impropriety. If the NCAA lets this slide, it's going to be open season on cheating unlike we've seen before under the NCAA.
😲 Even worse than the cheating that big ol' meany cheater Nick Saban does?! (Blue font)
Sorry, I have heard it so much from other fan bases I had to poke fun.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Been quiet. All that seemed kinda serious to just...go away. As far as I know it is in the oven so to speak.
We sure know what that is like, but the media isn't trying to destroy anyone as was the case with Bama.
Maybe Phatlock volunteered his investigative skills to help speed it along. :cool:

Not much evidence to be found at donut shops... but he is hot on the trail. :unsure:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

In today's social media-driven world, with a cancel culture mentality, schools under suspicion will feel the impact in recruiting and ticket sales, regardless of what the NCAA does. In some ways, the investigation IS the new penalty. Can you imagine Alabama's investigation in today's social media world? It would have ended much worse - more player transfers, more recruiting challenges, more challenges hiring a proven coach. And Tennessee is feeling that now.
Lots of random thoughts about this. I always wondered just how powerful the ncaa was then. Consider Logan Young...I recall him saying after court one day that he feared for his life. A few months later...he is found dead in his home. Police said it was the most brutal homicide that they had ever been called to.....a couple of days later...it was self inflicted. Accident. Off the headlines. Was anyone arrested for the attempted murder of Phillip Shanks in his office? After all...they only took his computer. I realize the ncaa is not a police organization, but they beat a path to the feds to do the right thing. Meanwhile..Fulmer sang the narrative about Bryant's bagman. That being Logan Young of course. Getting off on a tangent here. Bottom line is that I think you are correct Sir. In a year and a month or so...it will all come out that this happened..and that..and the penalties will be acceptable.
In the above statement about ncaa power back then..I wasn't implying that the ncaa was involved his the death of LY. Although I am still most suspicious of the ending of all that. Seems odd that FBI spent manpower tx dollars on this case, but failed to investigate anyone or anything but Bama's possible guilt. Dont want to debate all that. Just kinda weird the way all that went down and then away.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtgreg

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Lots of random thoughts about this. I always wondered just how powerful the ncaa was then. Consider Logan Young...I recall him saying after court one day that he feared for his life. A few months later...he is found dead in his home. Police said it was the most brutal homicide that they had ever been called to.....a couple of days later...it was self inflicted. Accident. Off the headlines. Was anyone arrested for the attempted murder of Phillip Shanks in his office? After all...they only took his computer. I realize the ncaa is not a police organization, but they beat a path to the feds to do the right thing. Meanwhile..Fulmer sang the narrative about Bryant's bagman. That being Logan Young of course. Getting off on a tangent here. Bottom line is that I think you are correct Sir. In a year and a month or so...it will all come out that this happened..and that..and the penalties will be acceptable.
Didn’t LY fall up a flight of stairs or something? Crazy crime scene at his house

Reactions: dtgreg

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
Could be, but...

Maybe...but also maybe Tennessee is just lawyering-up in a different way. Instead of a "prove it" approach to hide its misconduct, Tennessee could be taking the "look over here" approach to hide theirs - pointing to the misdemeanor on the left to distract from the felony on the right. In other words, in both instances, the schools are using/used lawyers to control the narrative. Alabama let the NCAA control the narrative. No school has made that mistake sense. [Or maybe no conference commissioner has allowed one of its schools to make that mistake.]

Reactions: Tenntiderman

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Sorry guys. Most of you dont know anything about all that. For those of you who do not...you are lucky that you didnt hear something nasty about your State and the State University on every sports channel or news report nearly every day for..2 years?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.