Any idea as to when the NCAA might respond to UT or LSU?

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Didn’t LY fall up a flight of stairs or something? Crazy crime scene at his house
Yeah....I think they decided that he fell down his stairway and made several trips up and back down the stairs prior to dying from blunt trama to the face and head area. I saw the first interview from the police spokesman. Then..it was said to be a definite homicide investigation. The man lived in Memphis. He was affluent. Homicides happen anywhere. 2 days later...it was decided he tumbled down his stairs. May have been exactly that way, but more to that story.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Maybe...but also maybe Tennessee is just lawyering-up in a different way. Instead of a "prove it" approach to hide its misconduct, Tennessee could be taking the "look over here" approach to hide theirs - pointing to the misdemeanor on the left to distract from the felony on the right. In other words, in both instances, the schools are using/used lawyers to control the narrative. Alabama let the NCAA control the narrative. No school has made that mistake sense. [Or maybe no conference commissioner has allowed one of its schools to make that mistake.]
Agree. Auburn protected themselves in that way. They were right in doing that. Any school that throws up the white flag gets hammered.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
All I know is I believe in karma & it's slowly n surely coming around for both The Swamp Kittens n The Viles..Slow n steady is how the NCAA works once you're on their radar & I couldn't wish it on a more deserving bunch to screw with their recruiting

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
LSU did self impose a post season ban, so there‘s that!
Mighty big of 'em to deny themselves of the rewards from their season. Good grief.....Some pretty darned serious charges. I recognize that the way the world is...it is tough to control over 100 athletes in a football program...but there were embezzlement charges from a hospital. Boosters are tougher to control than players.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Looks like they gave the Ogre a pass in all of this. The investigators say he gave "credible" answers to their questions. Not that Ed pulled the stuff Miles did, but my opinion is he knows more than he says.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Been quiet. All that seemed kinda serious to just...go away. As far as I know it is in the oven so to speak.
We sure know what that is like, but the media isn't trying to destroy anyone as was the case with Bama.
Hopefully a VERY long time so we can watch them lose a couple of recruiting classes and keep the streak going against both.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Could be, but...

Fourteenessee did the opposite of Aubrun - they've (so far) self-reported a ton of impropriety. If the NCAA lets this slide, it's going to be open season on cheating unlike we've seen before under the NCAA.
I was under the impression UT was "admitting" their crimes to not have to pay JP any severance. Kinda like they decided an NCAA burn down was simpler and cleaner than trying to fight the allegations and support him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Not to hijack the tread, but isn't the awbern roundball program under investigation at the moment...? :unsure:

Reactions: The Ols

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I was under the impression UT was "admitting" their crimes to not have to pay JP any severance. Kinda like they decided an NCAA burn down was simpler and cleaner than trying to fight the allegations and support him.
They did, but the NCAA still does their own investigation after the school finishes theirs.

Reactions: BamaMoon
Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Didn’t LY fall up a flight of stairs or something? Crazy crime scene at his house
The initial story was that his body had to be identified by dental records.

Then the story became that he fell down the stairs in his house.

Personally, I believe he committed suicide with five shotgun blasts to the back of the head, then jumping out a window and setting himself on fire.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The initial story was that his body had to be identified by dental records.

Then the story became that he fell down the stairs in his house.

Personally, I believe he committed suicide with five shotgun blasts to the back of the head, then jumping out a window and setting himself on fire.
I know someone who actually had runins with Logan Young. He said it wouldn’t surprise him if the mafia put out a hit on him. He said the guy was as dirty as they come.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
You’re singing my song, brother.

I remember how they (the NCAA and UTe) strung that out, dribbling allegations timed to wreak the most havoc possible — in the lead up to recruiting signing days, big games, etc., etc. With the SEC Commisioner’s Office aiding and abetting.

When crossed, Karma makes a mama grizzly protecting cubs look like Snuffles the stuffed polar bear.

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving crew. Fourteenessee is a nice start, but Fiftyessee wouldn’t be enough.

Did I say I hate Tennessee?
Almost as eloquently as Irvin Carney . . .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.