Any New Shows or Hobbies During Covid?

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Beat me to it! Finished session 2 last night. Can't wait for season 3. Johnny is the best character in the show.
Johnny is definitely the best character, so I agree, but I was talking about William Zapka the actor. He was hilarious on "How I met your mother." He was was very entertaining in 'No more kings' song "Sweep the Leg."

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Johnny is definitely the best character, so I agree, but I was talking about William Zapka the actor. He was hilarious on "How I met your mother." He was was very entertaining in 'No more kings' song "Sweep the Leg."
I remember him from the TV show The Equalizer, too.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've doubled-down on my exercise regiment, am currently in the best shape I've been in in a couple of decades.

Cut the cord wrt cable a couple of months ago - we just don't watch tv anymore. We occasionally stream movies and such, but not much more than our current library plus Netflix / AmazonPrime video.. Looks like I'll need to figure something out or I'll miss Bama games, but I refuse to sign up for a streaming package we just won't use outside of watching a football game or two per week. I might just wait and watch replays, I dunno.

Worst caseI just have more time to get better.
we've been "off the cord" for several years. we watch 1-2 episodes of whatever show(s) we are watching per night after our daughter goes to bed. i use hulu+ for bama games (out of habit) and cancel at the end of the season. i will have to find something else for next year though as it has gotten stupid expensive.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When I had my cancer scare a few years ago we changed a lot of things in our lives. Covid simply made some of those changes easier to manage.

My wife and I ran 7 miles together this past weekend - something that she had all but given up for the last few years.

We are a closer family now than we have ever been.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
My wife and I ran 7 miles together this past weekend - something that she had all but given up for the last few years.

We are a closer family now than we have ever been.
LOVE this! My wife has become a serious rucker in her own right and has rucked ~1,700 miles just this year, all with me. We generally do 6-10 miles together every day - it's great time disconnected from everything.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
LOVE this! My wife has become a serious rucker in her own right and has rucked ~1,700 miles just this year, all with me. We generally do 6-10 miles together every day - it's great time disconnected from everything.
i saw a guy doing that Sunday afternoon with the back pack. it wears me out to run/walk 4 miles. does this hurt your back? how much weight in the pack? sounds like you could really burn some calories.

Reactions: B1GTide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i saw a guy doing that Sunday afternoon with the back pack. it wears me out to run/walk 4 miles. does this hurt your back? how much weight in the pack? sounds like you could really burn some calories.
You build up. I generally ruck with 30-40#, typically at a 15 min/mile pace. It's fantastic core work and will strengthen your back. It's considered 'constant resistance training' so it'a both cardio and strengthening.

You can burn 2.5x the calories rucking vs walking, assuming you work up to a good load vs your bodyweight. It's a perfect workout, imo - low impact, tons of upside.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
My wife and I are currently watching Season 7 on Netflix. If when I die the Lord allows me the option to come back as anyone I want for one month, it will be Raymond "Red" Reddington. The coolest dude on the planet.
sorry but i don't think you will be allowed to come back as Red... i think he will be otherwise occupied. lol
i watched and liked that show for a long time but he finally crossed the line. the plots were interesting.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
sorry but i don't think you will be allowed to come back as Red... i think he will be otherwise occupied. lol
i watched and liked that show for a long time but he finally crossed the line. the plots were interesting.
Well, seeing that technically "Red" isn't really "Red" in the show anyway. LOL!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Not a hobby but last week we went to Savannah GA for the first time. It was beautiful.

As far as shows, we watched Dark on Netflix about a month ago. That is a great show and I definitely recommend.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Cobra Kai has been a lot better than I was expecting. William Zapka is pure gold. Been playing a lot of MTG Arena (yes.....NEEERRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!). Been watching a lot of youtube like adoseofbuckley, cinemasins, etc.
We loved that series. We just stumbled across it and after watching the beginning of the first episode, we were hooked. We ended up going back and watching all the old Karate Kid movies after it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
i left before i found out who red really was. spader nails that part for sure.
I'm on season 7 and no one still knows who "Red" really is. I've watched the show long enough that the writers will "reveal" something in the story and then the following season use the power and authority of the pen to create a mind boggling twist that completely eliminates what you thought before.

Reactions: Rolltide51

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.