Question: Anybody at A-day today??

bamafaninbham

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
What is the breakdown on the teams. Is it White has first team offense and second team defense? And Crimson is second team offense and 1st team defense?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Mrs. Basket Case told me that Yahoo said our A-Day game was the highest attendance in a US sporting event in over a year.

Don’t have a link. If I did, I wouldn’t have a clue as to whether it was accurate or not. Still pretty cool.

Late edit: Found the link. Still don’t know how accurate the count is....we were there, and the stadium didn’t look that full. May have been counting concessionaires, security, players, and TV crew.

Still, again, pretty cool:

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Mrs. Basket Case told me that Yahoo said our A-Day game was the highest attendance in a US sporting event in over a year.

Don’t have a link. If I did, I wouldn’t have a clue as to whether it was accurate or not. Still pretty cool.

Late edit: Found the link. Still don’t know how accurate the count is....we were there, and the stadium didn’t look that full. May have been counting concessionaires, security, players, and TV crew.

Still, again, pretty cool:

From the infrequent, partial camera scans, I'd guessed 35-40K at the beginning...

Ndovu Ekundu

Feb 17, 2014
I was there and found it one of my favorite A-Days. The weather was very pleasant, and I was in a shady area the entire game. The guess I had for attendance was also 35,000-40,000. The lower level looked about half full to me, but the upper level was more sparsely filled. Unlike previous games, though, the crowd seemed to stay almost the whole time. That could have been from people coming in to replace those going out, which would allow for the official count of 47,000-odd to be accurate.

Reactions: B1GTide

TIDETOWN

Bamanation Citizen
Nov 5, 2007
I was there also and had a very enjoyable afternoon. We started the festivities by dropping in at Dreamland, the old place has not changed much but the ribs were outstanding.It has been several years since attending my last A day but the weather was nice maybe a little on the warm side. One objection I had was parking close to the stadium was $20, the north forty maybe $10. Great seats forty rows up on the thirty yard line. Attendance maybe 40K, anything over that someone has a vivid imagination. Now as far as the ball game, about as vanilla as possible. I don't believe Nick had any intention of showing anything this afternoon. Casual observation I believe the defense is probably a little further along. Agiye Hall appears to have good hands and may develop into something special. Traeshon Holden had several opportunities with mixed results as did Slade Bolden. There were a lot of out routes and back shoulder stuff being thrown and one problem I noticed throughout the day was very little seperation between receivers and and db's. Quarter backs looked serviceable but nothing special today. Just an opinion guys

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Plano, TX
Attendance was probably based on ticket sales. Normally A-day is a guess since it is a non-ticketed event, but this year it required a ticket for entrance.

FWIW, I too didn't think it looked like there were 47K+ in the seats, but it sure looked great compared to the way it looked this past season!

DogPatch

All-American
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
People started leaving in the 2nd quarter, and many fans arrived late. I even saw some going in with about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Probably never more than 37-40k inside at any one time.

Reactions: TIDETOWN