Anybody watching Hoover vs IMG on espn?

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
A lot of talent in this game. The Trey Sanders kid took one to the house from 62 yds a few minutes ago. Kinda wondering if we get any of these younguns.

Rolltidewill92

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 11, 2018
Willy Will Reichard. #1 kicker. Gonna fit in real well, 1st field goal attempt didn't get off the ground XD holder dropped it I know but I still chuckled.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It was good to see Hoover get a little bit of what they've been handing out. A little perspective can be a good thing.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
IMG looks like a college team against a HS team . Man they are big
It's very expensive to go there. Those guys are on scholarships. NFL players come to that school to workout in the off-season. It is a college.

Sent from .. iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's very expensive to go there. Those guys are on scholarships. NFL players come to that school to workout in the off-season. It is a college.
Someone that I work with paid $70k/yr for 2 years to send his son there. No scholly - he said it was worth it as his son is on full scholarship at college now.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Someone that I work with paid $70k/yr for 2 years to send his son there. No scholly - he said it was worth it as his son is on full scholarship at college now.
Don't tell the person that a lot of folks get full scholarships after attending a free public high school.:smile:

I know, I know, every situation is different .

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He had to pay? Dang. IMG contacted a friend to gauge her son’s interest and indicated there are ways to help families pay the tuition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He had to pay? Dang. IMG contacted a friend to gauge her son’s interest and indicated there are ways to help families pay the tuition.
Yeah, his son was totally off the radar, so he got some aid, but not much. I may be wrong about the second year - he may have received more aid his senior year. His son's goal is to become a coach, which was the primary reason to send him there (relationships). But daddy is loaded, which made it possible.

ETA - his son is a baseball player, not football.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I played golf with a couple of coaches there... Really good guys...they indicated that they have 2 groups of players -- those who are stars and those whose Dads have money and think they are stars. Guess which group gives them more headaches????

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
George Pickin isn't impressing me tonight.
Pickens is legit.

I’m very impressed with Hoover’s stadium. Wow!
Like RTR said it's the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium or the Hoover Met, where we still have the SEC Baseball Championship at. But what sucks is that Hoover DOES have a nice on campus stadium but they rarely seem to ever use it.

IMG looks like a college team against a HS team . Man they are big
That's because IMG is nothing but a football factory. They are not a normal school by any means.

Then they're the ones footing the bill for the good ones because I promise you they are waiving tuition for the good players. After all, Bo Scarbrough played there too and I promise you he wasn't paying tuition...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.