Anyone checked in on LSU lately?

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I get that they want him gone and for good reasons.
What they need is to recognize that they aren't Bama and won't be like Bama if they make another boneheaded hire like this and as long as CNS is AT BAMA.

Reactions: jashleyren2

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Just spit balling but with Kentucky, followed by Florida, then Ole Siss, if Coach Mumbles drops two of those three, they could replace him in the off week before Bama.

It would be stupid to do it at that point instead of waiting until the end of the season but these are the same folks that hired Captain Caveman and gave him a contract extension in the first place. Not the greatest track record on smart decisions so…

27rings

Jan 7, 2020
One or two more losses before the Bama game and I think he's gone before the Bama game. Remember, this is his return to Bryant Denny after his comments at midfield and in the locker room in 2019. LSU might try and save face for the program by not having him come back into the building if they are a 3, 4 or even 5 loss team at that point.

Reactions: Rush

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I get that they want him gone and for good reasons.
What they need is to recognize that they aren't Bama and won't be like Bama if they make another boneheaded hire like this and as long as CNS is AT BAMA.
This.

The arms race in the SEC has gotten expensive enough. What Alabama has done over it's long and storied history is the pinnacle of the sport. Where we are right now is due to the efforts Nick Saban makes to recruit and coach up the best student athletes that are available. LSU isn't making that committment. They just want to win and win now. They sold their souls the very same way Auburn did for that 2010 title. They fluked their way back into the NC game again in 2013, but have barely more than futility since then. Tennessee, Ole Miss, even Georgia, can not and will not replicate what Alabama is.

I hope some of these school Presidents and AD's come to their senses.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would caution anyone linking TD because they have very loose profanity rules.

But yes it’s fun to go there after they lose. Saturday night they were coming up with threads trying to get rid of their moderators because they couldn’t vent their frustrations in a way that they wanted.

Keeter

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
One or two more losses before the Bama game and I think he's gone before the Bama game. Remember, this is his return to Bryant Denny after his comments at midfield and in the locker room in 2019. LSU might try and save face for the program by not having him come back into the building if they are a 3, 4 or even 5 loss team at that point.
I want him to make that trip at least and be humiliated on the field for those comments.........

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I can't imagine what it must be like having that guy as the coach of my college football team.
To do so, you’d have to know what it’s like to be a coonass (CC being one of few exceptions). They would have crowned him king after his post Bama game locker room rant in 19 if they could’ve - That.is.all.they.want. But they’ll turn on him in a New York second if he can’t produce. AD didn’t hire him anyway, so no sweat off his brow.

Reactions: CajunCrimson

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Coach Shrek’s buyout is a reported $21 million. That tells me, if they are ready to part ways with Cookie Monster, they will wrap it in some way, shape or form around the Title IX issues he and the athletic department are facing, so they can fire him “for cause”.
The more I think about, I think they let this thing play out until the end of season where a 7-5 season is probably the best he can do. Meanwhile they will continue to build a case against Ogre.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I would caution anyone linking TD because they have very loose profanity rules.

But yes it’s fun to go there after they lose. Saturday night they were coming up with threads trying to get rid of their moderators because they couldn’t vent their frustrations in a way that they wanted.
Now I gotta go check it out. Hopefully I won't contract the mumbles and need antibiotics!