Anyone checked in on LSU lately?

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
With a new AD (Scott Woodward) since O was hired and one who reportedly doesn’t like O, I’m confident we will see a good hire. Will the new coach bring us a title, who knows? But, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will be competent and coherent.

i kind of think Bama will be the last game O coaches. Why set up an interim coach for an embarrassment? We get curb stomped by Alabama and even those who are still in O’s corner, or influential alumni who haven’t been swayed that he needs to go, will be all in for termination. Let me add this caveat… the termination/separation could come at an odd time. No way LSU pays him 21 million. Won’t happen. He will get a nice send off, but we May see a termination for cause with everything that’s been swirling around.

I‘m happy the end is near, but I really believed we had a 10-2 team. I just am amazed at how terrible our OL is. I also expected too much from the new OC who is clearly in over his head right now.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
To do so, you’d have to know what it’s like to be a coonass (CC being one of few exceptions). They would have crowned him king after his post Bama game locker room rant in 19 if they could’ve - That.is.all.they.want. But they’ll turn on him in a New York second if he can’t produce. AD didn’t hire him anyway, so no sweat off his brow.
I’m only 1/4 CA….. ;)

1/2 Crimson

1/4 Wolverine

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is not a positive for Alabama. LSU is very dangerous with the right coach. With this man as coach they might be dangerous for a year or two every 5-10 years. We don't want him to get fired.
Meh.

I'll worry when they make a solid hire and he challenges Saban. I've been hearing worry-warts comment about A&M, Ole Miss, UGA, UF, etc for years, and yet...

In Saban I trust. LSU can do whatever, I don't care.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Yes, Gray, instantly deleted by a loss to UK - and what's more, in an ideal world, with Malzahn's bags (of stupid offensive pet tricks) already packed and ready for a smooth mid-season transition back into the SEC, so he doesn't have to dread the intensity of entering Big 12 competition for the next two years...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think Kentucky beats them Saturday. UK is a competent football team. Can you say that about the Tigahs ?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I get that they want him gone and for good reasons.
What they need is to recognize that they aren't Bama and won't be like Bama if they make another boneheaded hire like this and as long as CNS is AT BAMA.

it is so hard to figure out. Georgia & TAMU with their recruiting advantages and money haven’t figured it out . Making the right hire is very hard. Heck, Bama wasn’t Bama for awhile there!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
My recommendation to LSU: just keep letting Bama play in their Crimson jerseys in Tiger Stadium. It’s like a home game for Bama except for the Geaux noise throughout Red Stick. And Bama players are not afraid of Mike the tiger. Other teams appear to be intimidated by Mike. Now, what is Bama’s record while playing there?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
it is so hard to figure out. Georgia & TAMU with their recruiting advantages and money haven’t figured it out . Making the right hire is very hard. Heck, Bama wasn’t Bama for awhile there!
To be fair, Georgia would have at least one National Championship if not for Bama, so it's not like they're underachieving.

Texas A&M, on the other hand, would have had a legitimate shot last season if not for Bama and I'd have given them a coin-flip against OSU. Of course, A&M was sailing about as high as they ever have the last couple of years. I don't know if Jimbo is the guy to take the next step (probably not) but all they need is to take one more step and they're a perennial CFP team.

As for LSU, 2019 was an anomaly - Orgeron almost certainly won't catch lighting in a bottle like that ever again. Last year and this year are far more accurate barometers for his coaching acumen.

And they're going to lose again on Saturday...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
As for LSU, 2019 was an anomaly - Orgeron almost certainly won't catch lighting in a bottle like that ever again. Last year and this year are far more accurate barometers for his coaching acumen.
Reminds me of Chizik in 2010... :rolleyes:

Reactions: The Ols

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.